My new keyboard doesn't have PrintScreen!

stanleystf

I've bought a Bluetooth mini keyboard that doesn't have the PrintScreen button. How can I change one button and have it act as the PrntScreen? Or maybe define a shortcut for a combination of two keys that would act as the PrntScreen.

Edited by Kilrah
Removed black color

6 minutes ago, stanleystf said:

I've bought a Bluetooth mini keyboard that doesn't have the PrintScreen button. How can I change one button and have it act as the PrntScreen? Or maybe define a shortcut for a combination of two keys that would act as the PrntScreen.

Depending on the board it can be under a function layer. It would be better for you to just tell us the specific keyboard.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

PowerToys also has a keyboard remapper.

Note that I edited your message because the text was manually set to black which is unreadable on the forum's dark theme.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Personally i used Lightshot to make this screenshot.
Which you can setup to use any key or combo. (There are other options)

ps as you can see on screenshot, using the dark/night theme on this forum your text is unreadable. 😉 nvm already fixed i see. 😄

Screenshot_98.png

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Windows key + Shift + S  for the snipping tool 

Or use Irfanview or some other tool ...  irfanview has lots of screen capture stuff  (hotkey, or every n seconds, show picture in viewer or save to disk automatically with unique file name that can include date, time , counters etc

image.png.2070816e0f46cba49dcf436c2baae673.png

Yeah PrintScreen for screenshots is just extra steps, just press Win+Shift+S. You can drag a box around things, select just a window or do a full screen shot, copies it right to your clipboard or you can draw on it.

No third part software necessary.  

I was already familiar with Windows snipping tool. The thing is, sometimes I'm watching a video on Youtube. By pressing the Windows Key + Printscreen a screenshot is saved to a place I've already specified. With Snipping Tools, I'd have to pause the video and save the screenshot manually.

Also, I feel like the quality of the screenshots with Prinscreen is higher but I'm not sure.

The Keyboard I have is Xiaomii Air 85 which is not very common! I googled to see if Prinscreen is under a function layer and couldn't find anything.

So, right now, my only option is to install one of these programs:

irfanview

Lightshot

PowerToys

KeyTweak

8 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Yeah PrintScreen for screenshots is just extra steps, just press Win+Shift+S. You can drag a box around things, select just a window or do a full screen shot, copies it right to your clipboard or you can draw on it.

No third part software necessary.  

Unless you tell Windows to change the behavior.

Settings > Accessibility > Keyboard > Print Screen

But yes, Win+Shift+S is the alternative keyboard compabination.

Or as mentioned, you can get Microsoft PowerToys, and use the keyboard remapper: 

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/microsoft-powertoys/XP89DCGQ3K6VLD

Is there a way to take a screenshot that's automatically saved somewhere without Printscreen?

Let me explain. When I press the windows button and the printscreen button, a screenshot is automatically saved in a folder. I know I can take screenshots with pressing Windows+Shift+S and the snipping tool, but they are not automatically saved. As you said, they are saved in the clipboard.

See Irfanview and the picture I posted above ...

select After the capture :  save captured image as file and select the folder where you want the images to be saved

note you need to launch irfanview and press C or go in Options > Capture/Screenshot [C] to pop this window and click Start and then you can leave it minimized  (there may be an option to only see it in system tray as an icon)

21 hours ago, mariushm said:

Windows key + Shift + S  for the snipping tool 

Or use Irfanview or some other tool ...  irfanview has lots of screen capture stuff  (hotkey, or every n seconds, show picture in viewer or save to disk automatically with unique file name that can include date, time , counters etc

image.png.2070816e0f46cba49dcf436c2baae673.png

3 hours ago, stanleystf said:

Is there a way to take a screenshot that's automatically saved somewhere without Printscreen?

Let me explain. When I press the windows button and the printscreen button, a screenshot is automatically saved in a folder. I know I can take screenshots with pressing Windows+Shift+S and the snipping tool, but they are not automatically saved. As you said, they are saved in the clipboard.

Yes.
[Win] + [Print Screen] will take a screen shot of the full screen and save it under: Pictures\Screenshots.

[Win] + [Alt] + [Print Screen] will take a screen shot of the running application or game and save it under: Video\Captures (yes, video, even though it is a picture. This is because it was designed for working in games via Windows Game Bar, but works on the desktop applications just a swell, just the location is strange). Game bar is accessible via [Win] + [G] at all times.

Now I know you said you don't have a [Print Screen] key, but this is were remapping that key should be explored.