Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 sets of speaker for windows 10

SLOTHINSPACE

Hello. I have two sets of old z120 Logitech speakers that work well for listening to movies ect at the moment I just one pair. What would be the easiest and cheapest way of connecting 2 pairs of these speakers for a total of 4. And so windows recognises them as one and work all together such as surround sound. 

yeah i think so im just trying to get idea's for cheap surround sound setup and wondered if the speakers i already have would be able to be connected together to make a surround like setup

Some background

Surround sound works by taking a signal and splitting it up so that each speaker gets different information to play.

This kind of outlines the basics
https://appuals.com/how-to-configure-and-test-5-1-surround-sound-on-windows-10/

One thing to note, two GOOD speakers that are well positioned will generally give you a better experience than 4 speakers that are poorly positioned. This is especially the case if you're playing stereo output (so only info for two speakers and a DSP does the best it can to split it). Bad positioning will ruin pretty much any effect. Speakers should be as close to this pattern as possible, at ear level, pointed at your ears.
https://www.dolby.com/about/support/guide/speaker-setup-guides/5.1-virtual-speakers-setup-guide/

If your goal is multi-stereo - yes this is possible but you can do more harm than good due to things like comb filtering (some of the sound waves canceling each other out while others multiple each other)

I do want to emphasize, two GOOD speakers (doesn't necessarily mean $$$) will generally work out better than 100 poor speakers.

2.1 audio is probably where you'd want to start, not hacky 4.0.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 1 TB Adata XPG Pro | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD
QN90A | Emotiva B1+, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, HD800