6800xt MAJOR underperforming, please help.

Hi, so I recently switched from a 3050, to a 6800xt. I swapped cards, loaded Windows 11 up, launched a few games and was receiving 30-100 fps 1080p. I tried DDU, and a whole bunch of different ideas including updating windows drivers, but both uninstalling NVidia and amd drivers, and reinstalling amd drivers nothing has changed.

I7 12700k

32gb 3600mhz

EVGA 850w PSU

b660 mortar

Also yes my motherboard is updated to current version.

Cpu temps are 20c idle, 40c while gaming.

Gpu temps are 35-40c idle, 50c while gaming.

SOLVED

Not really solved, but just assuming gpu is broken, thanks for the help! :). I know nothings wrong with the pc, because when i take out the 6800xt and pop in my spare 3050, i get triple the framerate, anyways thanks again for everyone who helped!.

Screenshot 2022-05-26 213127.png

Stop using UserBenchmark. Its Straight Garbage and they have had many things wrong with it. 

Since you said you did DDU a few times that shouldnt be an issue. When you checked the games settings were they all on ultra and such now? That generally is the biggest factor when switching to a new GPU. 

Do you have 3d Mark Or an actual reputable Benchmark software? That would help say if you were having a thermal issue or Clock speed issue.

What games were you playing?

Hrmmm Usually DDU should be able to wipe everything. Honestly sounds like both arent being used very much, as the CPU and GPU thermals arent very high. If your cpu is only getting to 40C under a gaming load thats honestly quite concerning, it should be around 55-70c. Unless its a very old basic game that doesnt put it much underload. 

31 minutes ago, Jacob Grooms said:

It was Fortnite, high settings, some medium. Does it happen to have anything to do with me using ddu after switching to amd? Heres a Haven benchmark if this helps, I don't have 3dMark.

Unigine_Heaven_Benchmark_4.0_20220526_2157.html 2.73 kB · 2 downloads

Something definitely wrong. Did you purchase this new?

For reference I ran a heaven benchmark at 1440p with a 6700xt.

20220526_233423.jpg

It your card boosting to it's advertised clocks? Check in the AMD software in the tuning section to check what's happening, it could be stuck in a low powered state or something.

I've recently seen my 6900xt randomly get stuck at 500mhz on the core for what ever reason, even hitting the load defaults it will be stuck at 500mhz and i have to manually set a higher clock speed,

Is the ram correctly installed in dual channel mode and is xmp on?

9 hours ago, Jacob Grooms said:

, I don't have 3dMark.

free demo on steam

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder