Too hot please help

Orphanage

So I keep running just so hot I’m not sure if it’s a product of the case I use or maybe poor fans ? Does anyone have suggestions to get my temps down my cpu runs idle at like 60 c and when gaming will hit 90 c sometimes after a long day and my gpu will hit 90 at junction as well 

specs

cpu: ryzen 7 5800x

gpu: asrock oc formula 6900xt

case: inwin 303

cpu cooling: ekg 360mm aio

ram: 2x Corsair 16 gb rgb

fans: 2x noctua 140mm fans one intake one exhaust on the bottom 

ezdiy-fab 120mm intake on bottom 

noctua 120mm exhaust 

image.jpg

I’m sorry if this is the wrong topic as well It seemed like the best fitting if it’s not please just let me know and point me in the right direction and I can delete and repost 

GPU junction temperature of 90C isn't an issue for a Radeon 6000 series card. Their max junction temperature is 110C, so you're well away from that.

The CPU hitting 90C is an issue, however, as that is the TJmax for that chip. Have you already tried remounting the AIO block on the CPU?

That's the first thing I'd try if you haven't already. Your unconventional airflow set-up can be addressed after we know if the AIO is the problem.

Yes I’ve tried this twice no noticeable difference and tried topping off the aio as well (I’m desperate)

And changed to liquid metal on the last time reapplying aio 

Is the pump set to 100?  

Also, try all 3 fans on the bottom as intakes.  It's a weird setup. 

For a start you should probably change the bottom noctua to an intake as well. At the moment your pulling air into the bottom and then just pushing it straight back out. The case is kinda just poorly design though as the CPU cooler isn't getting any fresh air it's all just recycled heat from the gpu.

1 minute ago, Heliian said:

Is the pump set to 100?  

Also, try all 3 fans on the bottom as intakes.  It's a weird setup. 

I’m sorry I might be a idiot how do I set the pump to 100? And also okay I’ll flip the one I initially did it because seemed bad to have one measly 120 exhaust 

8 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Yes I’ve tried this twice no noticeable difference and tried topping off the aio as well (I’m desperate)

Make sure to quote someone if you want them to see your reply.

In that case, we may want to address your unusual airflow. The top 3 fans on the rad are all set to intake, and you have 2 other intakes at the bottom. The intakes at the bottom are good for the GPU, as they work with the fans. The exhaust at the bottom is probably not doing much for the CPU - just taking out the air heated by the GPU, and poorly at that, as there's probably a lot of turbulence. This means that only the rear exhaust is doing anything to help the CPU, and that's not gonna be enough.

I'd try running with all 3 bottom fans as intake and the 3 radiator fans as exhaust. This does mean that you're going to be using pre-heated air to cool the CPU, but that will give you more exhaust fans for the system. Alternatively, you could do the opposite, and set all 3 fans at the bottom as exhaust, but this will almost certainly hurt GPU temperatures.

Have you tried undervolting the CPU using Curve Optimizer at all? That could help with thermals if the issue is that the single CCD is having trouble dissipating heat into the heat spreader of the CPU itself by letting it draw less power to boost to the same level.

You might find the pump settings in the bios or through a control software from your AIO or mobo manufacturer.  It's like setting a fan.  

I once had an issue with a cooler. I actually remounted and repasted. It was still overheating. When I took off the cooler in order to try and remount again, I realized I never took the plastic protector off of the plate. Probably not your issue but I thought I mentioned it. 

23 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Make sure to quote someone if you want them to see your reply.

In that case, we may want to address your unusual airflow. The top 3 fans on the rad are all set to intake, and you have 2 other intakes at the bottom. The intakes at the bottom are good for the GPU, as they work with the fans. The exhaust at the bottom is probably not doing much for the CPU - just taking out the air heated by the GPU, and poorly at that, as there's probably a lot of turbulence. This means that only the rear exhaust is doing anything to help the CPU, and that's not gonna be enough.

I'd try running with all 3 bottom fans as intake and the 3 radiator fans as exhaust. This does mean that you're going to be using pre-heated air to cool the CPU, but that will give you more exhaust fans for the system. Alternatively, you could do the opposite, and set all 3 fans at the bottom as exhaust, but this will almost certainly hurt GPU temperatures.

Have you tried undervolting the CPU using Curve Optimizer at all? That could help with thermals if the issue is that the single CCD is having trouble dissipating heat into the heat spreader of the CPU itself by letting it draw less power to boost to the same level.

Okay the bottom is a intake now and I’ll flip my radiator fans around thank you greatly and thank you for the info on quoting I wasn’t aware and I haven’t touching any under volting or overclocking softwares I’m afraid I’d break it all and brick the whole build somehow 

4 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

I once had an issue with a cooler. I actually remounted and repasted. It was still overheating. When I took off the cooler in order to try and remount again, I realized I never took the plastic protector off of the plate. Probably not your issue but I thought I mentioned it. 

Lol no not my issue ThTs funny though I’ve watched a lot of horror videos of it 

23 minutes ago, Heliian said:

You might find the pump settings in the bios or through a control software from your AIO or mobo manufacturer.  It's like setting a fan.  

Okay thank you I’ll look into that