My setup

Horizon_GFX

My current setup keep in mind my room is a unfinished room in the basement so it get very dusty so I struggle cleaning it lol. But I never have a whole lot of money to invest into my setup so I go budget on a lot of stuff I probably shouldn't lol. for my monitor stands I'm using a cheap dual monitor stand for the 2 on the left. and then I a old triple monitor stand that I modified I by taking some of the arms off. The stand itself was cheaply made and wasn't sturdy at all but I made it work lol. Yes, I still have a land line i live out in the boonies and I don't get cell service so we have to have a landline. I also bought a KVM waiting for it to arrive until then I use 2 USB extenders plugged into each PC and then I have a mouse for each. I know the cable management is a mess but I just moved my setup to this spot and in the process I was stupid and managed to destroy my Streaming PC / NAS so I tried using an old TERRIBLE rig I had laying around. It works but barely lol, I use this setup for a bit of everything. I use it for Casual gaming, Streaming, Content Creation, im a NOOB coder lol, and my Graphics Design. I also used to use a elgato but I just started using NDI with OBS, mainly because the 2nd PC struggles to much with windows so I am using ubuntu.

20220526_180145.jpg

20220526_175321.jpg

20220526_182402.jpg

20220526_182415.jpg20220526_175257.thumb.jpg.639cff76776903d0a97fe776bce16bd7.jpg

20220526_175247.jpg

A thought about that dust problem with a budget system if you don’t have filters where you need them is a pair of cheapass queen size pantyhose.  Dress it up like a gas station robber. You want the full on big girl size.  Avoid control top.  It’s not pretty, but it works.  Also if you’ve got an old fashioned canister vacuum or a wet vac, you can potentially just put the hose on the output and bamf it’s an air blower.  Might save some cash on the canned air. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

32 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

A thought about that dust problem with a budget system if you don’t have filters where you need them is a pair of cheapass queen size pantyhose.  Dress it up like a gas station robber. You want the full on big girl size.  It’s not pretty, but it works.  Also if you’ve got an old fashioned canister vacuum or a wet vac, you can potentially just put the hose on the output and bamf it’s an air blower.  Might save some cash on the canned air. 

I can just see explaining this to the store clerk if OP is a male...

However, if it looks stupid, but it works... it ain't stupid. 🤣

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

4 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

I can just see explaining this to the store clerk if OP is a male...

However, if it looks stupid, but it works... it ain't stupid. 🤣

Tell them it’s for a laundry drain filter or something maybe.  They also work really good for that, though in that case thigh highs work better in my experience.  Buying black ones also helps with that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.