Arctic 360 AIO in Fractal Meshify C worth it for 75euros?

Tomazzk
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

The case has good clearance from the ground. Have the front fans as all intake, and put one exhaust fan in the bottom and one at the back, should give plenty of clean flow through the chassis. Hot air won't build up in the PSU shroud if you have an exhaust fan there

Since Meshify C can fit a 360 radiator in front I thought I could fit it in there, but since the last fan is pointing into the PSU shroud I thought I would lose some cooling performance from the AIO. Thoughts? Also since there are 3 fans in front I think I need to do 3 exhausts but the bottom least one actually doesn't blow that much into the case, then should I opt for 2 fans as exhausts instead?

Case picture for reference in attatchments. 

(also i didn't note that ill need a paste and maybe 2 fans)

image.png

image.png

13 minutes ago, Tomazzk said:

Since Meshify C can fit a 360 radiator in front I thought I could fit it in there, but since the last fan is pointing into the PSU shroud I thought I would lose some cooling performance from the AIO. Thoughts? Also since there are 3 fans in front I think I need to do 3 exhausts but the bottom least one actually doesn't blow that much into the case, then should I opt for 2 fans as exhausts instead?

Case picture for reference in attatchments. 

(also i didn't note that ill need a paste and maybe 2 fans)

image.png

image.png

As long the rad gets enough dose of air, doesn't really matter if the used air (after it went through your rad) goes into PSU shroud.

Everything else but the CPU will get somewhat less air, but it shouldn't be a problem if your rad fans is good enough

Me, i'd just use 2 exhaust first, 1 on top, 1 on the back.
If that doesn't seem to do enough job of exhausting, then I can just simply add another.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

The case has good clearance from the ground. Have the front fans as all intake, and put one exhaust fan in the bottom and one at the back, should give plenty of clean flow through the chassis. Hot air won't build up in the PSU shroud if you have an exhaust fan there

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Hmm, didn't thought about putting 1 exhaust at bottom front.
Good idea.
I guess, I really am too conventional sometimes

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Just now, Poinkachu said:

Hmm, didn't thought about putting 1 exhaust at bottom front.
Good idea.
I guess, I really am too conventional sometimes

Putting an exhaust right next to an intake doesn't make any sense.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

who knows, could be a good idea, not that I own a case with a shroud to test it xD

Refresh before you reply

Just now, Poinkachu said:

who knows, could be a good idea, not that I own a case with a shroud to test it xD

??

That's not how aero dynamics work.

When you put an exhaust right next to an intake the air from the intake will immediately get out through the exhaust without cooling anything.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

2 minutes ago, Vishera said:

??

That's not how aero dynamics work.

When you put an exhaust right next to an intake the air from the intake will immediately get out through the exhaust without cooling anything.

I know man
I'm mostly a conventional person when it's about cooling a PC anyway.

Refresh before you reply

If you have to stick a fan in the bottom, make it an intake.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

1 hour ago, Vishera said:

Yes it does, the intake brings air directly over the radiator and the exhaust moves that air straight out of the case. The intake area of those two fans aren't very close to one another, so recycling hot air isn't a huge concern. It also helps keep hot air away from the power supply, which is of marginal impact but might prevent fan noise from the PSU. I use one very low speed fan in my own PC for this purpose, only pushes a little bit of hot air and prevents dust while not being very dominant in terms of changing the airflow within my case.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

Yes it does, the intake brings air directly over the radiator and the exhaust moves that air straight out of the case. The intake area of those two fans aren't very close to one another, so recycling hot air isn't a huge concern. It also helps keep hot air away from the power supply, which is of marginal impact but might prevent fan noise from the PSU. I use one very low speed fan in my own PC for this purpose, only pushes a little bit of hot air and prevents dust while not being very dominant in terms of changing the airflow within my case.

If there is a radiator at the front then yes it makes sense in that case.