CPU stuck at 0.78 GHz

Hey there. I have been having this problem for like a week now. Whenever i open my laptop, my CPU is stuck at 0.78 GHz making it run very slow. Whenever this happens, i also noticed it doesnt charge properly, as in it charges much slower than usual. I searched a lot to see whats the problem and i managed to find a program called Throttle Stop which bypasses the speed and makes it run at full speed again. But the slow charging program persists, i can stay and watch my screen for 30 mins and it goes from 30% to 31% in battery. I really need some assistance or some insight please. The laptop is HP Pavilion 15-bc410nq with a 500GB ssd and 16 gb ram, thats the only difference from the base. My temperatures are within normal range starting from 50 celsius to 85-90 celsius while playing demanding games. Three months ago i had my charging port removed and changed with a new one because i had charging problems. From what i found out it may be a battery, charging port, motherboard or temp sensor problem. Sometimes it takes 20 mins to fix itself to back to 3.9 GHz but today its been 3 hours for example.

Does it go back to full speed if you disconnect the power adapter?  I have seen this before with an HP Laptop, the cause was a bad "smart" power adapter, changing it, fixed it.

If i disconnect power, yeah it goes to full speed but low performance overall since its not plugged in. What can i do? And sometimes it goes to full speed but doesn't charge very well and still bad performance.

Check your laptops charging port and charger, i had the same issue my charging port was damaged so the charger was supplying low power which made my cpu stuck at 0.38 ghz it maybe the charger or charging port, your cpu is stuck at 0.78 because less watts is delivered but sometimes the charger it delivers more thats why the cpu speed increases.