Wooden PC/NAS in 1 case.

Budget (including currency): $200 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: TrueNAS & Yet to be decided Windows or Linux

Other details I'm just after some opinions on if anyone would consider buying or if there is a target market at all.
I'm a student, making a Woodwork project of a PC case.

One side is conventional, with some extra HDD and SSD bays for NAS setup if you wish.

The other side is the exact same, with the MoBo upside down for mirror use of NAS or PC.

Both MB trays are removable for access to cable management and upgradability.
Supports up to EATX+ MB with room to spare, and can support any design you'd want with room for about 30 HDD's and about 30 SSD's in standard.

Is there anyone that would consider buying something along these lines, or any suggestions to improve? Please let me know.

This is a piece of market research for a teacher thinking that there is no market for an item like this. Thank you for your time.
Photos of designs can be provided if you'd like more info before answering. This product will Almost guaranteed NOT come to market.

I assume that $200 is just for the case? You won't be getting an EATX board, 30 HDDs, 30 SSDs for that price... personally I don't there's a market for that either. Love the idea of a wood case but why have 2 separate systems for (Server, I assume, since EATX) and NAS, why not just combine it for a storage server. Both in one case... a little unconventional and unnecessary

Just now, Mel0nMan said:

I assume that $200 is just for the case? You won't be getting an EATX board, 30 HDDs, 30 SSDs for that price... personally I don't there's a market for that either. Love the idea of a wood case but why have 2 separate systems for (Server, I assume, since EATX) and NAS, why not just combine it for a storage server. 

Thank you. Yes, $200 is an estimate of the price of the case. Not all internals, they'd be DIY.

Also, supports up to EATX, doesn't HAVE to have EATX.

It was more 1 like Window (for example) machine and 1 TrueNAS (for example) machine to have them on separate power supplies and different Ports. Because this was designed for my use case I only therefore I thought about my needs, and this is just proving to a teacher a market case.
Thank you so much for replying! And this was merely meant to clear those parts. Thank you!

Given the specs, regardless of construction materials, I suspect the market would be tiny. These days 30+ HDD would be found in enterprise data centers and nowhere else.

I suspect that anyone considering a wood case is more concerned with appearance than drive capacity. Besides, modern desktops and gaming systems have little to no need for gobs of storage.

Corsair 4000D Airflow is one of the best selling cases, you would do well to consider how that ubiquitous design would work in wood.

The dual motherboard design is interesting and there is demand for such. Both Corsair and Phanteks have dual system designs, but neither accommodate two ATX motherboards.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.