which gpu to choose for my new laptop?

as a pop os user i will be switching the laptop to use pop os on it rather than sticking to windows 11. So i have a laptop that is quite in the price range and have good reviews so there is option for radeon rx5500M and another option is for GTX 1650. which one should i choose for better overall experience not just for sake of pure horse power but also power consumption thermal enevelop and driver support. i know going with amd means i can still use opensource linux drivers for when it stops getting support and nvidia's driver situation is not quite good on the linux side. So share your experiences and reccomendations.

the gtx 1650 will out perform the rx 5500m but not by a huge margin. i would choose the gtx 1650 if both options cost the same. if the rx 5500m is the cheapest, i would say go with the rx 5500m since the difference in performance will not be much different

The problem with laptops is the power profile for the part determines the performance. Part X could be several different performance levels depending on how the integrator has configured the system. Non-gaming laptops tend to have lower power tunes on their cpus and gpus. We really need a better way to describe such parts on laptops for consumers to make educated purchasing decisions.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:00 PM, Bryan-10EC said:

The problem with laptops is the power profile for the part determines the performance. Part X could be several different performance levels depending on how the integrator has configured the system. Non-gaming laptops tend to have lower power tunes on their cpus and gpus. We really need a better way to describe such parts on laptops for consumers to make educated purchasing decisions.

true but as a rough guess and knowledge which one should i go with?