Which is the best graphic's cards of the 3

LClark

Hi Ya all

Which is the best for entry level gaming.

GTX 1660 Super

RTX 3050

RTX 2060

Thanks in advance 👍

In addition to what is said above, the 2060 and 3050 support ray tracing and DLSS, though you really shouldn't use RT on the 2060 because it's not good at it.

But the RX 6600 is definitely going to be better if possible, it performs pretty much the same as a 3060.

1 minute ago, Pixelfie said:

In addition to what is said above, the 2060 and 3050 support ray tracing and DLSS, though you really shouldn't use RT on the 2060 because it's not good at it.

But the RX 6600 is definitely going to be better if possible, it performs pretty much the same as a 3060.

although the encoder is worse (just throwing this in there in case OP wants to stream/record)

(on the 6600)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

12 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

although the encoder is worse (just throwing this in there in case OP wants to stream/record)

(on the 6600)

While that's true, I don't think it's worth the performance difference. I recorded gameplay with my 2060 and 5500 XT and compared them and the H264 encoder on AMD is slightly worse but not too much, and on RX 6000 it's better than RX 5000 from what I've heard. And the H265 encoder (useful for recording and YT streaming) is actually better than Nvenc H264 (Nvidia has no H265). I also feel like AMD's encoder has a lower performance impact than Nvenc. Here are the files if you're interested

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16LcxpeRJ4cmxwXSWqLgjmEHt_BoylcE6?usp=sharing

11 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

(on the 6600)

Maybe he has a strong CPU and can just use CPU encoding instead of GPU one

14 minutes ago, Makaroni said:

Maybe he has a strong CPU and can just use CPU encoding instead of GPU one

For entry level gaming I'd assume a 4-6 core 8-12 thread CPU. Not quite what you'd want to encode on, my 8 core CPU hangs around 30% usage in 1080p encoding so that could really impact gaming performance on a lower core count chip.

OP, if you're on a budget you could get a 1070 6gb for a few hundred dollars used, don't buy the 3gb version.

9 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

OP, if you're on a budget you could get a 1070 6gb for a few hundred dollars used, don't buy the 3gb version.

You meant 1060? There's no 3gb or 6gb 1070