Using a Touch Screen Monitor in Portrait Mode

ramava

I'm currently looking to replace the left monitor in a 3 monitor setup. While looking at my options, I came across the Asus VT229H which is a touch monitor and the perfect size to fit in with the other two Asus 21.5" monitors I have. I'm already using the right monitor exclusively in portrait mode, but I want to be able to use the left one either way (though probably also in portrait mode most of the time for space reasons). I found instructions that show me that I can definitely use a touch screen as a secondary monitor, but I can't seem to find any information about whether or not it will still work properly in WIndows in portrait mode. Does anyone have any experience with this or any other touch monitor that might answer my question before I spend money on one?

IMHO, if a monitor supports touch functions, then it will do so no matter what the orientation of the panel is.  WIndows isn't altering anything other than your desktop real-estate to fit the display area of your panel.  The functions that the panel has built-in--operate independently.

9 hours ago, IPD said:

IMHO, if a monitor supports touch functions, then it will do so no matter what the orientation of the panel is.  WIndows isn't altering anything other than your desktop real-estate to fit the display area of your panel.  The functions that the panel has built-in--operate independently.

My concern is that when it's set to portrait mode, all the coordinates are rotated by 90 degrees. I know in Linux that you can add a transformation in the configuration somewhere to translate them. But I have no idea how WIndows would handle it.

19 hours ago, ramava said:

My concern is that when it's set to portrait mode, all the coordinates are rotated by 90 degrees. I know in Linux that you can add a transformation in the configuration somewhere to translate them. But I have no idea how WIndows would handle it.

I would guess it isn't a problem. There are plenty of 2in1's that use windows and have a touchscreen with auto-rotate features.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.