Adding new HDD/GPU to PC -- need TIPS

Hey guys! So I built my gaming PC about 6 months ago when things were a bit worse with GPUs and prices in general. I ended up building my PC without a GPU, I just used a Ryzen CPU with integrated graphics (the Ryzen 5 5600g) which has actually been working fine for the most part. I have some money now, though, to add some upgrades to my PC but I'm not sure how to do it and don't want to trash my computer. I'm thinking I want to add at least an HDD (right now I just have an SSD) and maybe a graphics card. Is this stuff just plug-n-play or do I have to boot into the BIOS again like when I first built my PC? How does adding new parts to a PC work? How can I make sure I don't accidentally delete anything? I could really use any tips you guys might have. 

Budget (including currency): $500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Skyrim, Sea of Thieves, Jedi Fallen Order, Minecraft, etc.

Other details (current build):

- CPU: Ryzen 5 5600g

- RAM: 2x 8gb Silicon Power DDR4

- Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Plus

- SSD: Teamgroup MP33 Pro 512gb

- PSU: Thermaltake Smart 700 watt

- full atx case

This stuff is plug and play.

I recommend a certified refurbished Ultrastar drive. They're literally indestructable, fast seeks, but can be a bit loud. I always recommend this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09B1GT674/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Perhaps an RTX 3060 or 3070 (or 6600/6700) would go well with your build.

Everything is plug and play. The GPU plugs in to your PCIE slot that is closest to the processor as that is where your fastest (16x) PCIe slot is on virtually all motherboards, after that its just plugging in power for the GPU. I don't know much about your power supply but if its a modular kind then you will need to add the additional PCIe power cables and route them to your GPU.

After that it should be just install the drivers and any brand specific GPU software if you want to change any onboard RGB lights or modify fan profiles, or start overclocking.

On the HDD its just mount the drive in the case (I keep my drives mounted horizontally and most cases layout their HDD cages like that. Don't mount it vertically like you might a SSD.) Once you have the drive installed and wired up you open up Disk Management in windows and you should see your new drive and your old drive.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE SIZE OF THE DRIVES!

This is typically the best way to avoid messing up and formating your current working drives. In this case your SSD will be much smaller than your HDD so it should be obvious still get in the habit of checking twice or more. With your new drive you will have to format and partition it in a single large partition and once its done you should be able to see your new empty drive in the My Computer/file explorer or whatever Microsoft calls the file system these days.

If you get lost there should be plenty of online guides and videos to help or just come back to the forums.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

I think HDD is outdated at this point for an average gaming computer. I have 1.75 TB of storage and after 2 years of using it I still have only used 1TB of it. So in your case I would just buy a 1TB SSD. For example the Crucial MX500 1TB SSD is about 75€ where I live.  

Of course it depends on what you do with it, for example I don't store any large video files or anything like that, I just use it for work or browsing the internet and I have about 50 games installed.

As for tips well make sure you turn off the power before you install anything. Also if you buy an nvidia GPU you need new drivers and should probably look into how to cleanly remove the AMD drivers. Don't forget to take the cable that connects your monitor out of the motherboard and put it into the graphics card instead.