LG C1 started doing letterbox on 4k PC output

CptnReflex
Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

Search for Overscan / Underscan features (or scaling) in your TV menu or in video card's control panel.

Selecting natic PC resolution in Nvidia control panel won't fix this, but if I do 4096x2160 then it gets fixed. 

But in warzone and other games it magically gets fixed on native resolution. It's like my tv is 16:10 now

Any help would be appreciated!

IMG_20220526_070447.jpg

Search for Overscan / Underscan features (or scaling) in your TV menu or in video card's control panel.

21 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Well this didn't quite fix the issue, I tried using DDU first, and some really weird stuff happened. First safe mode fixed the issue then I uninstalled the driver's with DDU then booted back up and the issue was fixed again, then automatically installing the drivers from windows which I can't control broke it again, I then downloaded the  correct drivers and it fixed it again on clean install while it removed old drivers and it broke again when it was finished then I went to resolution again and clicked the same as usual PC 3840x2160 resolution native 4k one and it fixed it self. I then found scaling options and made a mental note to try this if it occurs again, thank you! 🙂

update: now my scale settings are greyed out and I'm stuck at 300% scale reee, it wont change no matter what I do

edit: Crysis averted! I had to enable my second display, letterbox happened again then I changed resolution again in nvidia control panel and it got fixed lol now I can change scaling too.

really weird problem heh, thanks guys!

also I'm mad at the DDU software site, I almost installed maleware because of their dumb adds and it's hard to find the download link. I didn't run the software when I recognized that it wan't the DDU  excutable but almost ran it and clicked no lol. This one almost got me which is insane, but with the wonky scaling it was really hard to find the download link D: