Ants! Inside my PC 🐜🐜🐜

Jorgemeister
Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,

Time for some debugging.

6 hours ago, Jorgemeister said:

Yeah, I believe I've dealt with the source, they were coming from another room, I think.

Put down some ant bait near where you think they were coming from, just in case you didn't get it all. You want the kind of stuff they'll bring back to the nest, not stuff that kills on contact. (You have to eliminate the nest, otherwise they'll just keep coming.)

I've had good luck with this stuff:

https://www.terro.com/terro-liquid-ant-baits-2-pack

If you don't want to use chemicals, use a mix of table sugar and borax soap. Borax kills ants after they eat it, but it's harmless to humans and pets.

These little cute insects dared to go inside the PC, I am dealing with the source right now but meanwhile, isn't there a scene in Antman about ants causing short circuit? Should I be worried?

2056812885_photo_2022-05-25_19-13-18(2).thumb.jpg.93f2a776f5ff72f141a861a1a803bd6a.jpgphoto_2022-05-25_19-13-18.jpg.adc5ba5fd4490472aca742894f2dc11d.jpg

Edited by Jorgemeister
Removed F*****s

2 minutes ago, Jorgemeister said:

These little fuckers dared to go inside the PC, I am dealing with the source right now but meanwhile, isn't there a scene in Antman about ants causing short circuit? Should I be worried?

2056812885_photo_2022-05-25_19-13-18(2).thumb.jpg.93f2a776f5ff72f141a861a1a803bd6a.jpgphoto_2022-05-25_19-13-18.jpg.adc5ba5fd4490472aca742894f2dc11d.jpg

Maybe a bad suggestion but crank the exhaust fans up to max, turn down the rest, leave it for a few hours? Or just open up and clean. Ants would do the same as dust, not a huge threat but eventually can be a problem

12 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

Maybe a bad suggestion but crank the exhaust fans up to max, turn down the rest, leave it for a few hours? Or just open up and clean. Ants would do the same as dust, not a huge threat but eventually can be a problem

Running benchmarks as we speak, I hope they dont like the heat. and my only exhaust is the AiO mounted above, not sure if they can be pushed out through there.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8725ec475321279ed41c2937364fa86d.png

11 minutes ago, Jorgemeister said:

Running benchmarks as we speak, I hope they dont like the heat. and my only exhaust is the AiO mounted above, not sure if they can be pushed out through there.

while this "fixes" the ones currently inside your PC, you might want to clean the room and see if you can find where they are coming in and seal any holes they are using.

A small number of ants is generally the precursor to a large number of ants.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Actually, the heat won't fix the ones inside, but it might run them out of it. The last thing you want is for them to die inside, this is actually a variation on where the term 'bug' as it relates to computers came from. Terro liquid ant bait works wonders, it will lure them out of your PC, but make sure it is a fair distance away. It kills them when they take it back to their nest.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

40 minutes ago, Jorgemeister said:

These little fuckers dared to go inside the PC, I am dealing with the source right now but meanwhile, isn't there a scene in Antman about ants causing short circuit? Should I be worried?

My 7 year old just asked what F******S means. Thanks a lot.

2 hours ago, Arika S said:

while this "fixes" the ones currently inside your PC, you might want to clean the room and see if you can find where they are coming in and seal any holes they are using.

A small number of ants is generally the precursor to a large number of ants.

Yeah, I believe I've dealt with the source, they were coming from another room, I think.

2 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

Actually, the heat won't fix the ones inside, but it might run them out of it. The last thing you want is for them to die inside, this is actually a variation on where the term 'bug' as it relates to computers came from. Terro liquid ant bait works wonders, it will lure them out of your PC, but make sure it is a fair distance away. It kills them when they take it back to their nest.

Thanks, I had no idea that existed, will look into it.

2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

My bad, tell him its used for ants only.

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

Did you tell your child that Santa is a master PC builder?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Time for some debugging.

6 hours ago, Jorgemeister said:

Put down some ant bait near where you think they were coming from, just in case you didn't get it all. You want the kind of stuff they'll bring back to the nest, not stuff that kills on contact. (You have to eliminate the nest, otherwise they'll just keep coming.)

If you don't want to use chemicals, use a mix of table sugar and borax soap. Borax kills ants after they eat it, but it's harmless to humans and pets.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Do you have a UV light source inside your case? I have a blacklight florescent light and turning that on in the summer is like asking to create an insect zoo. Those fuckers love UV lights (hence why it is used in bug zappers), not sure if ants are also UV attracted.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Time for some debugging.

Someone else recommended the same thing, terro liquid bait, it looks great tbh, I will try it out.

4 hours ago, Levent said:

Do you have a UV light source inside your case? I have a blacklight florescent light and turning that on in the summer is like asking to create an insect zoo. Those fuckers love UV lights (hence why it is used in bug zappers), not sure if ants are also UV attracted.

No, just regular led lights, that actually stayed on al day yesterday and thats when the ants came, not sure if its related.