Liquid Metal + Liquid Cooling Vs. Thermal Paste + Air Cooling

Go to solution Solved by thrasher_565,
5 hours ago, Just_Landon said:

I was wondering just how much better would it be to cool a PC with liquid metal and full liquid cooling compared to cooling a PC with termal paste and air cooling? For simplicity sake, let's say this theoretical PC has a RTX 3070 and and Ryzen 7 5700X.

When air cooled, the pc would be in the most realistically ideal senerio for air pull, the liquid cooled pc would also be in a realistically ideal cooling situation.

Just so you know, I don't know much about liquid cooling. I just wanna know how much better it could theoretically be.

well to use lm you need a cpu that's not soldered (yes there a way to get it apart but keep it simple) and the replaces the past between the diy and his shield then you still use thermal past between the his and cooler / block

but my guess 30c

with just wc loop you can keep expanding it and it should get lower... at and extreme cost per -1c...

with a cpu cooler you limited to its size had how fast of a fan you put on it.

j2cents did some testing with the oc battles with on air, water ,ice bath, and ac room. and got w/e he was testing at room temp. oced ofcores and no lm

I was wondering just how much better would it be to cool a PC with liquid metal and full liquid cooling compared to cooling a PC with termal paste and air cooling? For simplicity sake, let's say this theoretical PC has a RTX 3070 and and Ryzen 7 5700X.

When air cooled, the pc would be in the most realistically ideal senerio for air pull, the liquid cooled pc would also be in a realistically ideal cooling situation.

Just so you know, I don't know much about liquid cooling. I just wanna know how much better it could theoretically be.

5 hours ago, Just_Landon said:

well to use lm you need a cpu that's not soldered (yes there a way to get it apart but keep it simple) and the replaces the past between the diy and his shield then you still use thermal past between the his and cooler / block

but my guess 30c

with just wc loop you can keep expanding it and it should get lower... at and extreme cost per -1c...

with a cpu cooler you limited to its size had how fast of a fan you put on it.

j2cents did some testing with the oc battles with on air, water ,ice bath, and ac room. and got w/e he was testing at room temp. oced ofcores and no lm

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links