6 Monitor setup help

kxazd

I have always wanted and dreamed of a 6-monitor setup, I want to know if anyone has a better solution that just buying a MSI 2060 6gb so I can use that for 4 monitors and my main card for two. Or would I be better off shelling out for an Nvidia Quadro so that all displays will be on the same card. I want to be able to use NVIDIA Surround occasionally. I am swapping out my 1050ti with what I decide to use.

Budget (including currency): 1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: R6 Siege, Tarkov, Minecraft, Apex, For honor, minor 3d modeling

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Z390 Aorus Ultra

Intel I7-9700k @ 3.60 (Base)

32gb 2666MHz (4, 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws) 

1Tb Crucial SSD

7Tb HDD (Raid)

ASUS RTX 2060 12gb OC (Main card)

MSI 1050 TI 4gb (used for browser, discord and streaming)

PowerSpec 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze

I have 2 active HDMI to display port adapters for my current monitor setup, but I am wanting to do all Display Port or Mini Display port.

Main monitor is SAMSUNG Odyssey G7 Series 27-Inch WQHD (2560x1440)  240Hz, Curved

The other 5 will be SAMSUNG C27F398 27 Inch Curved LED Monitor (Same curve but cheaper)

I used one at my old job and we had firepros in our computers for that.  You could probably get an old firepro for cheap enough.  But like, for your use case 6 monitors is just waste.  Even at that job we got new monitors before I left and 4 large 4k displays was a lot more useful than 6 1680x1050 ones.  Just set up 2 computers at your desk, take a few pics, and move on.  Unless you have really specific task there’s no point in doing it. 

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

3 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

I used one at my old job and we had firepros in our computers for that.  You could probably get an old firepro for cheap enough.  But like, for your use case 6 monitors is just waste.  Even at that job we got new monitors before I left and 4 large 4k displays was a lot more useful than 6 1680x1050 ones.  Just set up 2 computers at your desk, take a few pics, and move on.  Unless you have really specific task there’s no point in doing it. 

I looked at FirePro but those are AMD cards Everyone I've talked to said to try to sick with the same brand to avoid driver issues, and I already have 3 monitors and I want more real estate, I work, game and use AutoCAD on 3 and want to spread my work out to the top 3 monitors so I can keep it separate. If I go with an RTX card I can only do 4 on it which requires both cards ports to be used, if I get a Quadro it can run up to 8 monitors.

Multi monitors are what I live for lol, and I don't want anything larger that 27in because the bezels help me separate my tasks visually and 27in is perfect for me if that makes sense. 

You could do two 49 inch curved monitors top and bottom, and just move on from the whole bezel thing.  Or 4 35 inch monitors.  Just adapting to that would serve you well in the long run.

but a firepro w9000 will have 6 mini DP ports for about $500.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

39 minutes ago, kxazd said:

I have always wanted and dreamed of a 6-monitor setup, I want to know if anyone has a better solution that just buying a MSI 2060 6gb so I can use that for 4 monitors and my main card for two. Or would I be better off shelling out for an Nvidia Quadro so that all displays will be on the same card. I want to be able to use NVIDIA Surround occasionally. I am swapping out my 1050ti with what I decide to use.

Budget (including currency): 1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: R6 Siege, Tarkov, Minecraft, Apex, For honor, minor 3d modeling

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Z390 Aorus Ultra

Intel I7-9700k @ 3.60 (Base)

32gb 2666MHz (4, 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws) 

1Tb Crucial SSD

7Tb HDD (Raid)

ASUS RTX 2060 12gb OC (Main card)

MSI 1050 TI 4gb (used for browser, discord and streaming)

PowerSpec 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze

I have 2 active HDMI to display port adapters for my current monitor setup, but I am wanting to do all Display Port or Mini Display port.

Main monitor is SAMSUNG Odyssey G7 Series 27-Inch WQHD (2560x1440)  240Hz, Curved

The other 5 will be SAMSUNG C27F398 27 Inch Curved LED Monitor (Same curve but cheaper)

Basically any currently driver supported nvidia card will do the trick. But in reality you might just wanna get a better main gpu so you aren't stuck on a current low settings 1080p card. That and having rtx can insanely accelerate your renders.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Basically any currently driver supported nvidia card will do the trick. But in reality you might just wanna get a better main gpu so you aren't stuck on a current low settings 1080p card. That and having rtx can insanely accelerate your renders.

Yeah, I have a RTX 2060 for my main, I use my 1050 for like YouTube and discord and such, I want to wait till the 40 series drop for a main card upgrade, I am only looking to replace the 1050 with something but Nvidia with their 4 display limit on most cards is what makes it more difficult 

11 hours ago, kxazd said:

Yeah, I have a RTX 2060 for my main, I use my 1050 for like YouTube and discord and such, I want to wait till the 40 series drop for a main card upgrade, I am only looking to replace the 1050 with something but Nvidia with their 4 display limit on most cards is what makes it more difficult 

Wait so you have 2 cards in the system already? If so then no need to purchase anything else just hook up the 4 displays between the 2 cards.