Motherboard not giving display output after reboot

deci
Go to solution Solved by deci,

i am probably the stupidest bastard on this planet Earth, had the HDMI cable plugged into my xbox to the mobo instead of the tv to the mobo 

I’m building a “new” computer with an i5-6500 on an MSI Gaming Pro Carbon Z270. 

I enabled XMP the minute i got into the BIOS initially, but after the restart I was no longer getting a video output and the “VGA” debug LED was lit up. 

I reset the BIOS by jumping JBAT1 pins and was still not getting video output after that.

Does anyone know what could be going on here?

EEC32061-A8C9-4746-A6BD-A9543A5A657E.jpeg

Start by re-seating the video card. Take it out and make sure you insert it back in the slot properly. Since you are using a cardboard box for testbench it could move around a bit and that is all it takes. If you are using the iGPU, re-seat the cpu. Make sure every component have the necessary power cables connected.

5 minutes ago, Pandur said:

Start by re-seating the video card. Take it out and make sure you insert it back in the slot properly. Since you are using a cardboard box for testbench it could move around a bit and that is all it takes. If you are using the iGPU, re-seat the cpu. Make sure every component have the necessary power cables connected.

I’ll reseat the CPU when I get home later. Everything else is OK. 

To be honest, that is the one thing i was dreading because of how delicate the CPU is. I might try simply moving my GT 1030 from my current desktop to the board to see if that helps. Thanks 🙂

5 hours ago, Pandur said:

I just got home and put in my GT 1030. Unfortunately, it looks like the “BOOT” LED is lit up now. Should I reseat the CPU?

I started assembling a new PC today. I was able to get into the BIOS only once. I enabled XMP and suddenly the system wouldn’t POST. The LED indicated a “VGA” error. Okay, reset BIOS. Even after that BIOS reset, I was still getting the VGA error. Someone suggested to both install a dedicated graphics card and reseat the CPU. Both tried, no luck. Anyone have any idea what could be going on here?

Specs:

i5-6500

MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon ATX

1x8 Corsair Vengance 3200MT/s

Gigabyte GeForce GT 1030

Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GT

Image attached is with GPU installed

EE95BB05-F284-4D9F-893C-446C54AC5F05.jpeg

I have made a new discovery. It loads into an OS! No video output whatsoever, but I plugged in my most recent boot drive and it starts loading it. I’m trying swapping the RAM to another slot to see if maybe that helps

EDIT: still no dice on video output

Edited by Commander Neon
it didn’t help

i am probably the stupidest bastard on this planet Earth, had the HDMI cable plugged into my xbox to the mobo instead of the tv to the mobo 

9 minutes ago, Commander Neon said:

It do be like that sometimes. 07's in chat bois

@Commander NeonI have merged your 2 threads together troubleshooting this same problem. Please keep to a single thread for the problem. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card