Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

bio shock infinite massive frame drops on intel iris plus gpu

Tomberry

hi 

i am trying to run bio shock infinite on my laptop (dell xps 9300) with an i7 1065g7 16 gigs of 3733 mhz ram (speedy shis) intel iris plus graphics (integrated) it is running of a ssd and my laptop can handle other games well ( far cry 4,bully,hl2 ect) i am running the game at 720p low settings and the fps hovers at high 40s which i am fine with but it periodically drops to the low 20s when i am seemingly doing nothing and it also drops when i am hitting other people with melee weapons. any settings i can change to have a more tolerable experience (i am only about 30 mins into the game). 

intel igpu on their CPUs are not that powerful, but seems like doing something for you. some of the titles mentioned are quite old so would expect them to run good or decent. sometimes it can be drivers, but would think your system just cant handle it as with the dropped frames.

3 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

intel igpu on their CPUs are not that powerful, but seems like doing something for you. some of the titles mentioned are quite old so would expect them to run good or decent. sometimes it can be drivers, but would think your system just cant handle it as with the dropped frames.

i dont think that is the issue as it ran far cry 4 at 900p low and hit like 40-50 fps with little to no drops and the minimum requirements for that game is a gtx 460 and bio shock is a 8800gt

15 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

i dont think that is the issue as it ran far cry 4 at 900p low and hit like 40-50 fps with little to no drops and the minimum requirements for that game is a gtx 460 and bio shock is a 8800gt

The iris igpu drivers are still quite buggy and have issues with older games. It's a case by case basis how well theyll work.

14 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The iris igpu drivers are still quite buggy and have issues with older games. It's a case by case basis how well theyll work.

anything i can do to improve the fps?

Just now, Tomberry said:

Wait for better drivers.

1 minute ago, Tomberry said:

Perhaps you can do some advanced configuration in a config file somewhere, or change 3D settings in intel control panel. But yeah that is a certified intel driver moment.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Perhaps you can do some advanced configuration in a config file somewhere, or change 3D settings in intel control panel. But yeah that is a certified intel driver moment.

so annoying might have to play it on my main rig at home

1 hour ago, Tomberry said:

It is worth it, especially if you also have the dlc for infinity that takes place on rapture. It is kinda hard to find in the menu tho

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

4 hours ago, Tomberry said:

looking around and older intel iGPUs seem to hit stable-ish 20-40fps (seems more in the 40 fps) depending on the scene. might be more stable than what you experience, also if it has any relation to directX version. also Anti Aliasing (any AA setting) can have their own issues with iGPUs.