Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CPU fans stuck at 1000 rpm when not in usage and gpu at 50 percent usage on video decode in idle

 Share

So recently my cpu fans have been stuck at 1000 rpm and it never goes lower even after messing through the bios fan speed settings nothing so it’s full ramp while the cpu is at 40 degree and my gpu just today has been way slower and is stuck doing 50% video decode (at least that’s what task manager says) I have no clue what’s going on and nothing I have tried to fix both problems with have worked

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brysrol16 said:

So recently my cpu fans have been stuck at 1000 rpm and it never goes lower even after messing through the bios fan speed settings nothing so it’s full ramp while the cpu is at 40 degree and my gpu just today has been way slower and is stuck doing 50% video decode (at least that’s what task manager says) I have no clue what’s going on and nothing I have tried to fix both problems with have worked

Use resource monitor to see if you missed some program using up resources. Or just boot into safe mode and check the stats. If it's normal in safe mode then it's obviously a program that you have to weed out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lalit Kumar said:

Use resource monitor to see if you missed some program using up resources. Or just boot into safe mode and check the stats. If it's normal in safe mode then it's obviously a program that you have to weed out.

I don’t know what either those are 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Brysrol16 said:

I don’t know what either those are 

You can find resource monitor by searching in start menu. It's like a bit more in depth task manager.

As for safe mode, do this :

  1. Restart the computer.
  2. At the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down and then click Power > Restart.
  3. After the computer restarts to the Choose an Option screen, sselect Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Lalit Kumar said:

You can find resource monitor by searching in start menu. It's like a bit more in depth task manager.

As for safe mode, do this :

  1. Restart the computer.
  2. At the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down and then click Power > Restart.
  3. After the computer restarts to the Choose an Option screen, sselect Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart.

Hey after doing this a few things to note I did both resource monitor said my usage was 3 to 4 percent idle however is said my max speed or turbo was 100% and than also after doing save mode it says my password is wrong when I 100 % did it right I don’t know why but I haven’t tried rebooting it normally yet though I think the turbo part was weird because I purposefully have core performance boost off in my bios

Edited by Brysrol16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×