Adobe premier pro 32v64GB RAM

Hello i wanna ask, Im editing in Premier pro 4k footage of weddings, and i have Ryzen 3900x and 32gb 3200mhz cl16 ram, if i add another pair of 2x16 RAM will be there difference in playback and moving through the time line ? 

no if you aren't memory limited.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

19 minutes ago, Jediah25 said:

Hello i wanna ask, Im editing in Premier pro 4k footage of weddings, and i have Ryzen 3900x and 32gb 3200mhz cl16 ram, if i add another pair of 2x16 RAM will be there difference in playback and moving through the time line ? 

check task manager while you ingest footage and when you exporting it

if it gets close to 27 28 then yeah

more ram can help you for faster output

but this can vary between projects so pick a heavy one

I have like 80% ram usage when I click between footage on playback on H.254 4:2:2 10bit, i dont care about time export, i just wanna know if there will be difference when i click between footage. If the program take more RAM like load more data.

37 minutes ago, Jediah25 said:

I have like 80% ram usage when I click between footage on playback on H.254 4:2:2 10bit, i dont care about time export, i just wanna know if there will be difference when i click between footage. If the program take more RAM like load more data.

If you want better timeline performance, take the footage off the harddrive and have it on an SSD drive, preferably NVME. If playback is struggling due to the codec being too hard on your computer(kinda doubt it, unless you are editing r5 8k 10bit files) you could also create proxies, but again have them on an SSD drive, not a spinning disk.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.