Determining Which Brand or Specific Laptop is Best.

Hi, I’m trying to do my own research on what computer would work best for me and I’m figuring out a bunch of negatives as I go along. I’m a full-time student but I enjoy a little bit of gaming and I’m most likely always on the move, which is why I’m going with a laptop. I was wondering with a budget of $1500 USD what brands or specific models should I look at or stay away from? I currently have an MSI laptop and I believe it’s struggling to hold the workload from both school and the little bit of gaming. Thank you for any help or suggestions!

The inspiron series is very good. Maybe a top of the line model with good cpu and ram would be nice. My current laptop in my signature excels my expectations. What specific programs are you running? What games? Also, I average 100-160 fps in Valorant so it has some decent horsepower. Also, a Microsoft Surface laptop will probably exceed your expectations. It is overall a good series, and the recent ones just make me scream with pleasure. The typing experience is so good, and overall all recebt surface laptops are very good.
Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

For 1500$ a lenovo legion 5 with a ryzen 5600 + 3060 would easily fit in there. Feel free to go up to the 3070 + 5800h version. Do make sure to get the one with the 80w/hr battery.

The asus g15 and g14 2021 and 2022 are also great devices and the 3060 or rx6600m versions easily fit in your budget.

All of these laptops do not experience cooling issues and are great mobile laptops. Especially the g14 due to it's smaller size and really light weight.

On 5/25/2022 at 6:55 AM, Mr-G-Man said:

The inspiron series is very good. Maybe a top of the line model with good cpu and ram would be nice. My current laptop in my signature excels my expectations. What specific programs are you running? What games? Also, I average 100-160 fps in Valorant so it has some decent horsepower. Also, a Microsoft Surface laptop will probably exceed your expectations. It is overall a good series, and the recent ones just make me scream with pleasure. The typing experience is so good, and overall all recebt surface laptops are very good.

I play a big variety of games from like Rust to some FPS. Rust is usually the most demanding when it comes to graphics from what I've noticed and I usually get 40-50 frames with my current MSI laptop.

22 hours ago, jaslion said:

For 1500$ a lenovo legion 5 with a ryzen 5600 + 3060 would easily fit in there. Feel free to go up to the 3070 + 5800h version. Do make sure to get the one with the 80w/hr battery.

The asus g15 and g14 2021 and 2022 are also great devices and the 3060 or rx6600m versions easily fit in your budget.

All of these laptops do not experience cooling issues and are great mobile laptops. Especially the g14 due to it's smaller size and really light weight.

I like the Lenovo Legion 5 laptops, but on their website I only see 60w/hr battery. Do you know which one exactly has the 80w/hr?

57 minutes ago, Yankee48 said:

I like the Lenovo Legion 5 laptops, but on their website I only see 60w/hr battery. Do you know which one exactly has the 80w/hr?

Don't use the lenovo website use all the resellers. The site has a very limited selection.

1 hour ago, Yankee48 said:

I play a big variety of games from like Rust to some FPS. Rust is usually the most demanding when it comes to graphics from what I've noticed and I usually get 40-50 frames with my current MSI laptop.

That inspiron won't do much better if not worse