PC Won’t Start After Being Unplugged

Go to solution Solved by Poinkachu,
24 minutes ago, HexagonSun2077 said:

Hello all, as the title suggests, whenever I clean my home office, unplug and switch off my rig, and leave it like that for a while, it fails to boot up after replugging it in and flipping the switch on. It works after I short the two Mobo pins and after that it shuts down and reboots like a charm! Should I be concerned about this? It works great otherwise! I’ve yet to find any short in the system, diagnostics never turn up with any errors, memtest shows nothing wrong with my ram; it’s just weird all around. I’m currently running an Evga 750 watt PSU with an MSI z490-a Pro motherboard.

Soo, it doesn't turn on when you press the power button only?

By flipping switch you mean the PSU switch right?
IIRC if you don't turn on "Restore power after AC Loss" in bios it won't auto turn on when power is restored.

Hello all, as the title suggests, whenever I clean my home office, unplug and switch off my rig, and leave it like that for a while, it fails to boot up after replugging it in and flipping the switch on. It works after I short the two Mobo pins and after that it shuts down and reboots like a charm! Should I be concerned about this? It works great otherwise! I’ve yet to find any short in the system, diagnostics never turn up with any errors, memtest shows nothing wrong with my ram; it’s just weird all around. I’m currently running an Evga 750 watt PSU with an MSI z490-a Pro motherboard.

24 minutes ago, HexagonSun2077 said:

IIRC if you don't turn on "Restore power after AC Loss" in bios it won't auto turn on when power is restored.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Holy crap I feel stupid now 😂; I completely forgot about that setting… I’ll have to check and see what it’s set at; I reset the BIOS in order to turn it back on earlier so idk what that setting is toggled at rn; thanks though, I have a suspicious feeling you’re right. (And yes it doesn’t turn on with the power button on those occasions.)

19 minutes ago, HexagonSun2077 said:

Holy crap I feel stupid now 😂; I completely forgot about that setting… I’ll have to check and see what it’s set at; I reset the BIOS in order to turn it back on earlier so idk what that setting is toggled at rn; thanks though, I have a suspicious feeling you’re right. (And yes it doesn’t turn on with the power button on those occasions.)

IIRC, Usually that setting is default to OFF.

If pressing case power button doesn't turn it on yet shorting the pins does. Might want to check your power button first.
Is the cable okay
is the soldering with the switch under the button okay
is the pin inside the dupont connector okay, not wobbly?, not moving back and forth too much?

Because dupont connector really isn't the most reliable thing, especially if you're the type that unplugs it by pulling the cable instead of holding the connector then pulls it out.

2-pin-dupont-connector-female-800x800.jpg

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Are you using power cables (PCIe, SATA, ATX etc) from a different PSU or aftermarket?