Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you think of this build?

https://pt.pcpartpicker.com/list/C29MC6

It's not complete, but at this point what do you think?

Notice that i have a added fan, the reason being that is cheap and is PWM (4 pins) and 140mm.

My idea would be to replace the fans of the Lian Li by 3 Phanteks...or do you think it's just pointless?

My point is that the Lian Li's stock fans, while good, are noisy (least of my problems, but still), 120mm and DC (3 pins).

I'll also going with digital key windows (10 or 11, still on the fence about his, and the upgrade from 10 to 11 is free) since it's cheaper than at retail (65€ vs 150€, and this are the Windows 11 Pro prices).

Unfortunately you've not linked your build.

Yeah, my bad......just fixed it

36 minutes ago, Isildur said:

Notice that i have a added fan, the reason being that is cheap and is PWM (4 pins) and 140mm.

My idea would be to replace the fans of the Lian Li by 3 Phanteks...or do you think it's just pointless?

My point is that the Lian Li's stock fans, while good, are noisy (least of my problems, but still), 120mm and DC (3 pins).

I'll also going with digital key windows (10 or 11, still on the fence about his, and the upgrade from 10 to 11 is free) since it's cheaper than at retail (65€ vs 150€, and this are the Windows 11 Pro prices).

it is really nice budget build, but if you want you can go with rtx 3050 for the build, it only cost 267$ dollar, for the EVAG GeForce RTX 3050, it is a nice budgetary graphics card, that is an excellent pair with the intel i5-12400

My idea is a RTX 3060 Ti

The single fan version of the Arctic cooler is fine.

MSI board is a bit cheaper. 

I would just go with a single 2TB SSD. The WD Black SN750 is better than the Crucial P2. 

Just move the bottom front fan to the rear. You should be fine with 3 case fans for this sort of build.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€198.90 @ Globaldata) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 CPU Cooler  (€28.90 @ Globaldata) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€162.90 @ Globaldata) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB RS 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€142.90 @ PCDIGA) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN750 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€234.90 @ PCDIGA) 
Storage: Toshiba P300 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€86.90 @ Globaldata) 
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€121.63 @ PC Componentes) 
Total: €977.03
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-24 23:46 WEST+0100

Winter is Coming.

Like i said, my build is not complete.

For starter, it still lacks the GPU, which i'm aiming for the RTX 3060 Ti.

15 hours ago, lee32uk said:

MSI board is a bit cheaper

You are right, but the one i added on pcpartpicker is not correct, i just added it because it lacked the one i wanted, which is the same minus the Wi-FI.

So, the mobo goes from €182,88 to €163 (asus tuf gaming b660m-plus D4)

15 hours ago, lee32uk said:

I thinking that 1Tb is enough for gaming, and keep one 500Gb just for the OS and some programs.

I might go with the SSD Team Group T-Force Cardea Zero Z440 1TB Gen4 M.2 NVMe, which is €160; or the SSD Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid 1TB M.2 NVMe - 130, which is €130 (depends on the temps of both since one is liquid and hence cooler, unless i buy a heatsink for the second NVMe).

All in all, making the changes in value of the asus with wi-fi to without and adding the price of the case (€90), the price is more or less €1025, without the GPU.

Now...i just need a good full size mechanical keyboard, with arm rest and rgb (to be able to see the keys in the dark) and a good monitor....both on the cheap side.

The monitor is not urgent, i can always get it at a later date.

As for the Arctic single fan CPU cooler, yeah, you're probably right.

13 minutes ago, Isildur said:

You are right, but the one i added on pcpartpicker is not correct, i just added it because it lacked the one i wanted, which is the same minus the Wi-FI.

So, the mobo goes from €182,88 to €163 (asus tuf gaming b660m-plus D4)

I thinking that 1Tb is enough for gaming, and keep one 500Gb just for the OS and some programs.

I might go with the SSD Team Group T-Force Cardea Zero Z440 1TB Gen4 M.2 NVMe, which is €160; or the SSD Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid 1TB M.2 NVMe - 130, which is €130 (depends on the temps of both since one is liquid and hence cooler, unless i buy a heatsink for the second NVMe).

All in all, making the changes in value of the asus with wi-fi to without and adding the price of the case (€90), the price is more or less €1025, without the GPU.

Now...i just need a good full size mechanical keyboard, with arm rest and rgb (to be able to see the keys in the dark) and a good monitor....both on the cheap side.

The monitor is not urgent, i can always get it at a later date.

As for the Arctic single fan CPU cooler, yeah, you're probably right.

There is a non wifi version of the MSI board as well. It is listed at 149.90 Euros.

https://pt.pcpartpicker.com/product/KKbTwP/msi-pro-b660m-a-ddr4-micro-atx-lga1700-motherboard-pro-b660m-a-ddr4

I personally wouldn't bother with two different SSD's. You can always partition a 2TB SSD if you want to put Windows on there. If you ever need to wipe it clean for a fresh install then you can just use that partition. You get the option to keep files/apps anyway when installing W10. Not sure if W11 has the same option.

Winter is Coming.

22 hours ago, Isildur said:

https://pt.pcpartpicker.com/list/CcYv4s

Here is an updated list with what I recommend. 

1. I switched you to a samsung ssd that is the same price but 20gb larger for a boot drive.

2. I swapped the corsair psu and ram for a better cheaper alternative. (You are paying 20 dollars more for the corsair sticker)

3. I also used lian li fans on the case, the unifans are better than phanteks and they match the build.

Hope this was helpful!

4 hours ago, Admiral Thrawn said:

https://pt.pcpartpicker.com/list/CcYv4s

Here is an updated list with what I recommend. 

1. I switched you to a samsung ssd that is the same price but 20gb larger for a boot drive.

2. I swapped the corsair psu and ram for a better cheaper alternative. (You are paying 20 dollars more for the corsair sticker)

3. I also used lian li fans on the case, the unifans are better than phanteks and they match the build.

Hope this was helpful!

That cpu doesn't need a 70 euro cooler.

He doesn't need the wifi version as already mentioned.

Not sure why you swapped out the psu ? Also the Focus FX is one of the units that had shutdown issues.

He would be fine with 3 case fans imo. No need to spend 80 euro's on 3 more.

Winter is Coming.

7 hours ago, lee32uk said:

There is a non wifi version of the MSI board as well. It is listed at 149.90 Euros.

You are quite right, the MSI is indeed cheaper, but the Asus Tuf has better connections: 1xPCIe 5.0 slot, 2xPCIe 4.0 M.2 slots, 1xrear USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C, 1xfront panel header for USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C....also, it has more fan header (5 if counting with the AIO Pump, 6 if counting with the CPU Opt), more ARGB headers (3 + 1 RGB) ....

The only thing missing is a heatsink for the second M.2 (the one that it has is quite bland looking, but it does it's job).

I looked into the MSI B660 Mortar, which is the main competitor to the Asus TUF, but it's like €40 more expensive since it doesn't have a non wifi version.

BTW, a couple of hours ago i ordered the Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh ARGB for €89, so that's a done deal.

19 hours ago, lee32uk said:

That cpu doesn't need a 70 euro cooler.

He doesn't need the wifi version as already mentioned.

Not sure why you swapped out the psu ? Also the Focus FX is one of the units that had shutdown issues.

He would be fine with 3 case fans imo. No need to spend 80 euro's on 3 more.

I used the cooler because he had the room in his budget. 

I was not aware of the wifi part I guess I missed that.

I did not know about shut down issues on that psu, I swapped because corsair psus are just seasonics with a 20 dollar sticker most of the time. 

I was just reccomending the fans that would look best since he wanted to replace them.

Thanks for the input !

56 minutes ago, Admiral Thrawn said:

I used the cooler because he had the room in his budget. 

I was not aware of the wifi part I guess I missed that.

I did not know about shut down issues on that psu, I swapped because corsair psus are just seasonics with a 20 dollar sticker most of the time. 

I was just reccomending the fans that would look best since he wanted to replace them.

Thanks for the input !

Don't sweat it, it's all good.

I appreciate everyone's input.

I'll probably just keep the case fans for the time being, just have to get one for the rear.

As for the cooler, i don't need to go barebones so i'll buy something good in the end, be it single or dual fan.

RAM, for the time being i don't see the need for 32Gb; i get the logic behind it but 16Gb is more then enough for now.

And, like i said, i will probably just go with 1TB instead of 2 as it's cheaper and it will be a ssd just for gaming so 1TB might be enough for the time being