Will my power supply be powerful enough?

Owner_of_potato
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
3 minutes ago, ExalyThor said:

I suggest a 1200W Seasonic Titanium rated power supply. You should all stop assuming that just because it's not a sAsONiC or derived from one it will blow up. That power supply may not be very efficient, quiet, or capable of delivering very clean power, but it's good enough for OPs needs.

No.

Thats BEYOND TERRIBLE advice. This psu is known to have issues. It's a risky unit. If you can avoid using it do so. Op is RIGHTLY worried here as the psu itself is already blatantly lying ON THE STICKER AND BOX. So yeah this is a danger unit. Low quality and does not seem to have any form of protection what so over. It doesn't even have a 80+ rating. This is a beyond terrible unit basically guaranteed to kill a system.

Will there be people that are lucky and use this psu for a decade without issues? Probably. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a bad unit and you should NOT rely on luck.

I agree with those who'd said that that Deepcool PSU should be avoided. An RTX 3050 and an i3 10100F combo isn't that power hungry but still, I'd say a better PSU should be considered. Not necessarily higher wattage, but a quality 600W/650W PSU from Corsair, Seasonic, Be Quiet!, etc would be better for peace of mind.

I don't only talk the talk, I walk the walk as well, all my PSUs are at least 1kW, two Corsairs, a Seasonic and an Enermax.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

19 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Do you have a lot of brown outs?

I do not yet have the pc, its on the way

19 hours ago, Sat1600 said:

It's a bad power supply and whether or not it blows up, it will cause you anxiety.

How are you with mail in rebates?

This is a nice unit and only $45 after rebate. And If you shut off the lights it reaches near Gold efficiency.

https://www.newegg.com/corsair-cx550f-rgb-cp-9020216-na-550w/p/N82E16817139265?Item=N82E16817139265&Source=socialshare&cm_mmc=snc-social-_-sr-_-17-139-265-_-05292022

Ok thanks i'll keep this in mind, i live in europe tho so it might be more expensive

16 hours ago, GamerDude said:

I agree with those who'd said that that Deepcool PSU should be avoided. An RTX 3050 and an i3 10100F combo isn't that power hungry but still, I'd say a better PSU should be considered. Not necessarily higher wattage, but a quality 600W/650W PSU from Corsair, Seasonic, Be Quiet!, etc would be better for peace of mind.

I don't only talk the talk, I walk the walk as well, all my PSUs are at least 1kW, two Corsairs, a Seasonic and an Enermax.

What if the combo was with an i5 and RTX 3050

7 hours ago, Owner_of_potato said:

Ok thanks i'll keep this in mind, i live in europe tho so it might be more expensive

Wait... I thought you already had these parts.  Why would you knowingly buy a bunch of garbage parts?  Refuse the shipment.

9 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Wait... I thought you already had these parts.  Why would you knowingly buy a bunch of garbage parts?  Refuse the shipment.

It's sadly too late, I was stupid and bought it when ExactlyThor said ok and somebody irl said it should be fine. The company I bought it from is trustable and the pc has at least one year of warranty, i'll deffo change the PSU by that time.