Corsair 5000X vs 5000D Airflow

dDave64

Recently upgraded to a Corsair H150i Capellix 360mm AIO and a Ryzen 9 5900x

Unfortunately the AIO doesn’t fit in my case due to RAM clearance. It’s very close but just doesn’t quite do it. For now, I’m using a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO to cool the 5900x. It’s not doing the best job, as one might imagine so I want to get my cooling upgraded probably within the next month.

Because of this, I’m looking for a new case.

Looking at the Corsair 5000X and 5000D Airflow. Currently leaning more toward the 5000D since it gets a bit more air through the case. I like the look of both cases for different reasons. Obviously, the price is a little more desirable on the 5000D.

Anyone have thoughts or experience with these two cases?

8 hours ago, dDave64 said:

Recently upgraded to a Corsair H150i Capellix 360mm AIO and a Ryzen 9 5900x

Unfortunately the AIO doesn’t fit in my case due to RAM clearance. It’s very close but just doesn’t quite do it. For now, I’m using a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO to cool the 5900x. It’s not doing the best job, as one might imagine so I want to get my cooling upgraded probably within the next month.

Because of this, I’m looking for a new case.

Looking at the Corsair 5000X and 5000D Airflow. Currently leaning more toward the 5000D since it gets a bit more air through the case. I like the look of both cases for different reasons. Obviously, the price is a little more desirable on the 5000D.

Anyone have thoughts or experience with these two cases?

if there an air flow of a case ied go for that imo. why? well if you need the cooling you have it if you dont need it and are happy with the temps you got then you can run the fans slower to make it quieter so best of both worlds.

if you have to have the front closed off ied get a case with side intake or bottom intake or both.

if your one that likes buying new case for new builds or got the moeny then do w/e.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links