I hate intel. Warranty is not valid because I am not original purchaser

I have had exactly this problem on my cpu on h265 video it was shoving artifacts

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/11400-igpu-shows-green-red-and-white-dots-all-over-decoded-video/m-p/1350839#M104654

I wanted RMA this was a media pc with QSV encoder so it was very important to me and they simply declined only because I was not the original purchaser

Also I have open a support ticket request 05339598 intel has not done anything they refused my RMA claim just because I was not the original purchaser which is terrible and does not make sense the product is the same. But for linus on these older SSD they have just replaced it for free under warranty even though it works fine.

This is exactly how they treated me.

1291549757_EkranAlnts.PNG.ce91dea5b1eeac7ef256cd101e9ef966.PNG

Why didnt intel told Linus that he bought it used and they don't have warranty the same way it was told to me:

"We act in accordance with our Warranty Terms and Conditions.
Intel warrants the original purchaser of product in its sealed packaging.
In case the unit was re-sold as second hand, I'm afraid we won't be able to honor your warranty replacement request."

Does every intel consumer needs to be famous to get listened and not be sold a functionally broken product that may get fixed months later. MSI is intel partner it is intel certified board intel chipset and I am intel consumer but intel did not care at all. When it comes to Linus intel just replaced much older and working SSDs without an issue.

and I am still on a beta msi bios because intel and msi does not care about releasing working products.

I just wanted to share my actual disgust at the moment. You will lose warranty if you sell it on intel even if your problem is 100% intel and partner problem

All tech companies release and sell product and then they do not care what happens

10 minutes ago, Berk70 said:

MSI is intel partner

Wait, so this PC is an MSI product? Why do you not go to them?

On top of that, why did you think that if you buy a second hand product you can claim warranty?

Do you live in the EU by any chance?

10 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

On top of that, why did you think that if you buy a second hand product you can claim warranty?

Yes I am in Turkey. It is normal for a product to have warranty not limited to the purchaser. It is first time this has happened to me

Normally only the invoice name can get a refund but anybody with product, box and invoice can get warranty.

It is not a prebuild it was a bundle a guy bought it for the gpu and I got the unopened cpu to use it in my desktop/nas/media center

8 minutes ago, LWM723 said:

Most warranties only cover the original purchaser.

First time for me and still doesnt make sense

And I have shared a video linus getting replacement on older ssds that he is saying he bought it off ebay that bothered me when I remembered it

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

In my country sellers of second hand goods (not the manufacturer) must provide a 1 year warranty.

The manufacturer has an obligation to provide warranty to the original purchaser,

And since warranty also falls under contract laws it means that the obligation of providing warranty to the original purchaser can't be passed on to a different person unless the manufacturer agrees to it.

As for Linus's case - owners of data center and enterprise grade hardware get better treatment from manufacturers than consumer grade stuff.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

56 minutes ago, Berk70 said:

Yes I am in Turkey. It is normal for a product to have warranty not limited to the purchaser. It is first time this has happened to me

Normally only the invoice name can get a refund but anybody with product, box and invoice can get warranty.

It is not a prebuild it was a bundle a guy bought it for the gpu and I got the unopened cpu to use it in my desktop/nas/media center

Well...

Unfortunately Turkey is only part of Europe and not the EU. With the help of EU law you would've been able to make a claim.

As Vishera described below, warranties can not be passed on to a different person.

5 minutes ago, Vishera said:

In my country sellers of second hand goods (not the manufacturer) must provide a 1 year warranty.

The manufacturer has an obligation to provide warranty to the original purchaser,

And since warranty also falls under contract laws it means that the obligation of providing warranty to the original purchaser can't be passed on to a different person unless the manufacturer agrees to it.

Yes exactly.
In Germany sellers of second hand goods only need to provide warranty, if they are a business and not a private seller.

Totally normal and expected. Any other company in the industry would have done the same. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Unfortunately Turkey is only part of Europe and not the EU. With the help of EU law you would've been able to make a claim.

As Vishera described below, warranties can not be passed on to a different person.

Isn't this contradictory?  How would EU laws have helped the OP, when "warranties can not be passed"? 🤔

In Germany sellers of second hand goods only need to provide warranty, if they are a business and not a private seller.

Its also important to distinguish between warranty and guarantee...(which can be confusing)

Die Herstellergarantie wird automatisch übertragen, wenn das Produkt an eine andere Person verkauft wird. Dies gilt auch bei Verkäufen über Ebay und sonstigen Plattformen. Damit der neue Käufer seine Rechte gegenüber dem Hersteller geltend machen kann, benötigt er allerdings die Garantieunterlagen.

Translation:

The manufacturer's warranty** is automatically transferred if the product is sold to another person. This also applies to sales via Ebay and other platforms. However, in order for the new buyer to be able to assert his rights against the manufacturer, he needs the warranty documents.

So for all intends and purposes Intel should honor the manufacturers warranty (or guarantee?) - *if* applicable (ie if one even exists) and Turkey has similar laws to the EU (which seems kinda likely,  but i dunno)

**edit: see? thats where it already gets muddy... google translates "garantie" to warranty... i don't think thats correct (like at all lol)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Berk70 said:

Why didnt intel told Linus that he bought it used and they don't have warranty the same way it was told to me

You ought to check the laws in your region,  we (obviously)  do not know them and Linus is in Canada afaik, which may or may not have completely different laws than Turkey. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Isn't this contradictory?  How would EU laws have helped the OP, when "warranties can not be passed"?

Because there's two different kinds of warranty in the EU. One is guaranteed by the manufacturer, which is entirely irrelevant in the EU, unless its longer than 2 years. And the other one is guaranteed for by the government for 2 years. Any manufacturer that is selling goods within the EU needs to make sure that they guarantee a lifetime of at least 2 years, no matter who bought it, where it was bought and whether you can prove that you bought it or not.

6 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Its also important to distinguish between warranty and guarantee...(which can be confusing)

I assume what I was describing before is what you mean.

9 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Die Herstellergarantie wird automatisch übertragen, wenn das Produkt an eine andere Person verkauft wird. Dies gilt auch bei Verkäufen über Ebay und sonstigen Plattformen. Damit der neue Käufer seine Rechte gegenüber dem Hersteller geltend machen kann, benötigt er allerdings die Garantieunterlagen.

Yeah I guess this is German law specifically. Not sure if this is also EU law. Either way, doesn't really matter because of other EU laws in effect, unless the warranty by the manufacturer is specified to be longer than 2 years.

10 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

**edit: see? thats where it already gets muddy... google translates "garantie" to warranty... i don't think thats correct (like at all lol)

It is correct.
In Germany we differentiate between "Gewährleistung" and "Garantie". Both translate to warranty and guarantee. 

Yes we have warranty laws that I have read and it only says about product no information about original purchaser so it should be fine on top of that I hate they straight out rejected it it was an issue about them I am still on a beta bios it is more about them not giving a crap about me

and as I have said before first time this has happened warranty is accepted here as long as you bring invoice only problem is the refund of product that is being made to the invoice name except that it is valid I have done it so many times and there are many people done it to also other big companies like logitech corsair etc.

24 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I assume what I was describing before is what you mean.

Yes, but its not as clear cut as you describe it,  for example after one year the buyer needs to *proof* that it was a manufacturing or design flaw and not just normal wear and tear  - so effectively its 1 year not 2 because that's actually very hard to proof for the buyer and almost no one bothers. Depends also on the seller of course, but it's definitely something some sellers pull off... (and the law sucks big time in this regard)

Spoiler

ps: also i wouldn't say manufacturers warranty is "irrelevant" ... I sent back my PS2 11 times (!!!) to SONY for example and received a new one in exchange each time (because it was actually broken  *within the first year*) and sure i could have gone to the seller, on the other side of the city... you know what a hassle that would have been? lol... The sellers here (especially big ones) are super sketchy when it's about "defective electronics" ... they'll try everything to refuse the warranty or at least drag it out for months... with SONY it took only 1 week each time! 

Spoiler
32 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Any manufacturer that is selling goods within the EU needs to make sure that they guarantee a lifetime of at least 2 years, no matter who bought it, where it was bought and whether you can prove that you bought it or not.

You do need proof of purchase however,  if just to proof that you're still in the time frame of the warranty,  almost no shop or manufacturer will honor a guarantee or warranty without proof of purchase. 

Yeah I guess this is German law specifically. Not sure if this is also EU law.

yeah true, me neither but i expect the laws to be at least similar. 

It is correct.
In Germany we differentiate between "Gewährleistung" and "Garantie". Both translate to warranty and guarantee. 

well, English has also "guarantee" though and it isn't the same as "warranty" but it really doesn't matter as much, in the end its just words and one needs to check what was actually provided in the contract and the applicable laws.

23 minutes ago, Berk70 said:

Yes we have warranty laws that I have read and it only says about product no information about original purchaser so it should be fine on top of that I hate they straight out rejected it

yeah, i get you... but that's difficult to give an advise, but just to be clear, you do in fact have a manufacturer warranty and can prove it (to them, not to us)?

So an idea would be to write them again, also on their fb or twitter or whatever. 

And another idea is going to a lawyer,  because otherwise how would you get what you should if they do not follow the law (again,  if applicable,  ie you have actually a valid warranty with Intel)

Edited by Mark Kaine

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

24 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Yes, but its not as clear cut as you describe it,  for example after one year the buyer needs to *proof* that it was a manufacturing or design flaw and not just normal wear and tear  - so effectively its 1 year not 2 because that's actually very hard to proof for the buyer and almost no one bothers. Depends also on the seller of course, but it's definitely something some sellers pull off... (and the law sucks big time in this regard)

Yup I know. Been in retail for a while 😛