Fixing water/tea damage after two years?

ArmasF32
Go to solution Solved by ArmasF32,
3 minutes ago, Levent said:

Go right ahead, you might get some experience might learn something the process or salvage something.

Yea, and even if the mobo is fucked i will probably get a working one with a broken display or something and just swap boards

In your experience/ oppinion, how likely is it, for a macbook with waterdamage from roughtly two years ago, to still be fixable? It wasnt turned on since then, and id try some cleaning/reflowing, maybe i will get lucky. Price to buy is 0€ so its just about if its worth the time spend.

Thanks for sharing your oppinion

If the victim is free and is already written off, also if you have the tools or want to get experience, go right ahead. However if you plan on doing this for someone else in the hopes of recovering it having it in a working state I wouldnt. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, ArmasF32 said:

Price to buy is 0€

If it was turned on even once since the incident then that MacBook will need a lot more than a reflow.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

If the victim is free and is already written off, also if you have the tools or want to get experience, go right ahead. However if you plan on doing this for someone else in the hopes of recovering it having it in a working state I wouldnt. 

Yes, it has already been replaced so it was like "you can have it and keep it if you fix it" situation. 

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

If it was turned on even once since the incident then that MacBook will need a lot more than a reflow.

Probably yes, but they told me it wasnt so i have some hope.

1 minute ago, ArmasF32 said:

Yes, it has already been replaced so it was like "you can have it and keep it if you fix it" situation. 

Go right ahead, you might get some experience might learn something the process or salvage something.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yea, and even if the mobo is fucked i will probably get a working one with a broken display or something and just swap boards