Can I uninstall mac os monterey installer

Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,

Just the installer? Go for it. Once you've got the OS installed, you don't need it anymore. (And if it turns out you do need it in the future, you can just download it again.)

If you're that cramped for space, it might be time to invest in an external drive for data you don't need frequently. (But like all things data storage, never rely on having just one copy!)

My mac is only on 1gb of storage left and I don't know wha else I can delete I only have basic stuff and only have 16gb max on photos, videos and games.

Just the installer? Go for it. Once you've got the OS installed, you don't need it anymore. (And if it turns out you do need it in the future, you can just download it again.)

If you're that cramped for space, it might be time to invest in an external drive for data you don't need frequently. (But like all things data storage, never rely on having just one copy!)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

7 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Well my mac os is in a later version mac os 10.15 but what I've known is like windows you don't need to update every time, My sad problem is my usb adapter or my macs usb c port isn't working properly only power comes peripherals disconnect so my external drive can't help me rn.

1 hour ago, Zastonish said:

Well my mac os is in a later version mac os 10.15 but what I've known is like windows you don't need to update every time, My sad problem is my usb adapter or my macs usb c port isn't working properly only power comes peripherals disconnect so my external drive can't help me rn.

Do you have another computer you can connect the drive to and share it over the network? (Or even a USB file sharing enabled WiFi router?) It's not ideal, but better than nothing.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

20 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Do you have another computer you can connect the drive to and share it over the network? (Or even a USB file sharing enabled WiFi router?) It's not ideal, but better than nothing.

Nope and my Wifi isn't strong enough for the load