Original Acer Predator XB271HU vs XB271HU bmiprz (Huge price diff?)

Mackie
Go to solution Solved by Shimejii,
24 minutes ago, Mackie said:

I bought my monitor a number of years back and am now trying to sell it. I paid about €950 at the time.

I can see acer now have a new line of this monitor which they are selling for less than half the price, and I cannot figure out why. Identical specs for €350?!

Has the value of a Gsync IPS 165Hz panel gone down so much? 

The XB3 Line seem to have identical specs and are at a completely different price point also. Cant anyone tell me why?

i mean going back 6 years, if you had wanted a 10 core CPU it costed 1800$ with the 6950x on x99. now you can get a 12 core CPU for under 250$. Technology has been moving at quite a fast pace, So its not really surprising that a monitor would go down in value so much when at the time it was one of the best, now its just a stepping stone. 

Im still using my XB270HU and its slowly dying, so when i do have to upgrade to something new, theres more choices now! Its nice seeing how far tech has come 🙂

I bought my monitor a number of years back and am now trying to sell it. I paid about €950 at the time.

I can see acer now have a new line of this monitor which they are selling for less than half the price, and I cannot figure out why. Identical specs for €350?!

The XB3 Line seem to have identical specs and are at a completely different price point also. Cant anyone tell me why?

These specs were something special years ago, but nowadays they're standard specs for mid-range gaming monitors around 250€ to 400€

Nowadays these 950€ would get you a 32" 4K 144Hz IPS monitor.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

These specs were something special years ago, but nowadays they're standard specs for mid-range gaming monitors around 250€ to 400€

Nowadays these 950€ would get you a 32" 4K 144Hz IPS monitor.

So the new XB3 series is only $999 because of quantum dot?

1 minute ago, Mackie said:

So the new XB3 series is only $999 because of quantum dot?

What exact model do you mean? There are XB3 models from $200 and up depending on the specs.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

24 minutes ago, Mackie said:

i mean going back 6 years, if you had wanted a 10 core CPU it costed 1800$ with the 6950x on x99. now you can get a 12 core CPU for under 250$. Technology has been moving at quite a fast pace, So its not really surprising that a monitor would go down in value so much when at the time it was one of the best, now its just a stepping stone. 

Im still using my XB270HU and its slowly dying, so when i do have to upgrade to something new, theres more choices now! Its nice seeing how far tech has come 🙂