Help with AMD Rx 6600 and prime b660m-a d4

Bklinux

I'm doing a budget build for my self I got AMD Rx 6600 and prime b660m-a d4 motherboard with an Intel core i3 f the graphics card will not send out a signal in PCI gen 4 but will work fine in the gen 3 slots I was pretty sure it was compatible the fans Start but it just outputs no signal.  could it be a power supply issue as I only have a 500 w bronze at the moment. Any help is really appreciated thanks. 

Put the graphics card in the gen 3 slot, in the bios change the top slot from gen 4 to gen 3, then reboot with the card in the top slot and see if it works. If it does, change the setting back to gen 4 in the bios and see if that works. 

Thanks I tried that still says no signal running out of ideas. Will this make a big difference from what the card describes it's a lot faster in gen 4. 

Perhaps there is a setting in the bios about default graphics output - it might be set to pcie gen3 oir on board graphics, and should be set to pcie gen4

Thanks for the help on here I really appreciate it. I'll look now thanks. 

Nothing with that setting it's a really frustrating. I've update the bios downloaded drivers. Out of ideas. Do you know how much this might affect performance I know it's a budget card so needs all the help it can get. Thanks again. 

I'm having trouble getting pcei express gen 4 slot working on my motherboard when I go into the bio it says it's not present. 

20220525_121356.jpg

What device is plugged in to that slot?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I've had a couple at the moment nothing thanks for the reply.