CPU, MB and RAM upgrade.

Budget (including currency): No hard limit but good value. 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly gaming and some video editing.    

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Due to reasons I'm sitting here with an odd collection of parts that doesn't really add up. My current setup is a Z97-a mb, I7-4790k, DDR3 Ram, a 750W PSU and a 3080ti. I have a 170Mhz 1440p monitor and prefer to be able to play at more then 100 fps with fairly high graphic settings. 

I plan to make a custom wall mount for the PC and water cool the CPU and eventually maybe the GPU as well. 

What I aim for is either a 12600k or a 12700k, a decent ddr5 mb that support reasonable oc and with a basic set of IO. No need for built in wifi or Argebe.     

I'm not i a hurry and could wait for 13th gen if that upgrade or price drop on 12th gen is worth the wait.

What MB can you recommend? 

Will the upgrade from 12600k to 12700k make a significant difference for my purpose?           

Please just recommend items you have experience or good knowledge about. Not just big number better stuff.    

46 minutes ago, MadCharger said:

Budget (including currency): No hard limit but good value. 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly gaming and some video editing.    

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Due to reasons I'm sitting here with an odd collection of parts that doesn't really add up. My current setup is a Z97-a mb, I7-4790k, DDR3 Ram, a 750W PSU and a 3080ti. I have a 170Mhz 1440p monitor and prefer to be able to play at more then 100 fps with fairly high graphic settings. 

I plan to make a custom wall mount for the PC and water cool the CPU and eventually maybe the GPU as well. 

What I aim for is either a 12600k or a 12700k, a decent ddr5 mb that support reasonable oc and with a basic set of IO. No need for built in wifi or Argebe.     

I'm not i a hurry and could wait for 13th gen if that upgrade or price drop on 12th gen is worth the wait.

What MB can you recommend? 

Will the upgrade from 12600k to 12700k make a significant difference for my purpose?           

Please just recommend items you have experience or good knowledge about. Not just big number better stuff.    

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/23wMVw
This is my pc that i have i am upgrading it to a intel raptorlake cpu later on when that luanch and yes the mb is like 600 dollars but it is going to be really good for raptorlake and and metorlake so yeah not to bad