My GPU is quite loud

GoldenGuy

Hello, 

I've recently bought and built my first PC

Here are the components :

Case is Dan a4/Lian Li H2o  / CPU is 12400F / GPU is 3070ti (Asus TUF OC) / Ram 2x8Gb LPX 3200Mhz / Motherboard is Asrock h670m itx-ax / PSU is SF750 from corsair (for the moment i'm using the stock cooler, aio should arrive wednesday).

My problem is that my GPU feels suepr loud, like a buzzing sound. As soon as i enter a game it starts going crazy, and as soon as I quit it it stops. Is there anyway to counter that problem ?

I've seen people recommend undervolting the card with msi afterburner, i've tried and have seen little to no improvement (i'm going to keep trying to see, maybe i'm doing something wrong). And i've also seen people recommend capping frames, which is the one that seems to work best but doesn't eliminate all the noise and i find that it's a shame to have to cap frames. I've also read around a bit and saw people recommended changing PSU (but i think i got a good quality one (corsair 750f platinum)).

Any help or information as to how to maybe reduce the sound would be super nice.

Thank you in advance

10 minutes ago, GoldenGuy said:

My problem is that my GPU feels suepr loud, like a buzzing sound. As soon as i enter a game it starts going crazy, and as soon as I quit it it stops. Is there anyway to counter that problem ?

Did you check the temp when it happens and when it's idle ?
Checked the fan curve in msi afterburner ?

If you can, try recording a video when it happens (both idle and gaming).
Then post the video here, its hard to know what kinda sound without hearing it.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

14 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Did you check the temp when it happens and when it's idle ?
Checked the fan curve in msi afterburner ?

If you can, try recording a video when it happens (both idle and gaming).
Then post the video here, its hard to know what kinda sound without hearing it.

I wasn't able to post it here but I posted it on youtube 

The loud fan noise is from the CPU fan (my aio is on its way, so for the moment i'm using the stock cooler, I've removed the case panel so that it gets more air)

36 minutes ago, GoldenGuy said:

I wasn't able to post it here but I posted it on youtube 

The loud fan noise is from the CPU fan (my aio is on its way, so for the moment i'm using the stock cooler, I've removed the case panel so that it gets more air)

Does the sound persist even when you aren't using graphic heavy stuffs?
Like, when idling at desktop.

Can be PSU since I found a complaint about it.
Yours are more high pitched though, well it could be because it's in the case.

Me, I'd open afterburner then lower the gpu fan a bit and see if the noise change first.
Easier than dismantling a PSU in a SFX build.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

56 minutes ago, GoldenGuy said:

Hello, 

I've recently bought and built my first PC

Here are the components :

Case is Dan a4/Lian Li H2o  / CPU is 12400F / GPU is 3070ti (Asus TUF OC) / Ram 2x8Gb LPX 3200Mhz / Motherboard is Asrock h670m itx-ax / PSU is SF750 from corsair (for the moment i'm using the stock cooler, aio should arrive wednesday).

I've seen people recommend undervolting the card with msi afterburner, i've tried and have seen little to no improvement (i'm going to keep trying to see, maybe i'm doing something wrong). And i've also seen people recommend capping frames, which is the one that seems to work best but doesn't eliminate all the noise and i find that it's a shame to have to cap frames. I've also read around a bit and saw people recommended changing PSU (but i think i got a good quality one (corsair 750f platinum)).

Any help or information as to how to maybe reduce the sound would be super nice.

Thank you in advance

I have the same exact Asus Tuf 3070 Ti and have the same problem lol. It's the coil whine from the card and it's really bad for whatever reason with this particular card (I have an 850w evga psu so the psu isn't a problem in this situation, same with your psu). There isn't really anything you can do to prevent it so I've just learned to adapt to it as much as it sucks. If it is super annoying to the point where it is unbearable I would just try to buy a different card that has no known coil whine issues.