Jupiter x300 crashing regularly

Branga

Hey team, i recently bought a jupiter x300 with a Ryzen 5700g & 2 8gb 3200mt/s RAM.

Multiple times a day the device stops displaying anything. (blank screen, but the fans etc are still running as if i were using the p.c).

Looking through event viewer, there doesn't appear to be any specific events that lead up to the crash. but it does show errors saying the p.c wasn't shut down correctly.

as far as i am aware the bios is the most up to date version? but i could be wrong. i haven't found a newer version on Asrocks website..

any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, Branga said:

Hey team, i recently bought a jupiter x300 with a Ryzen 5700g & 2 8gb 3200mt/s RAM.

Multiple times a day the device stops displaying anything. (blank screen, but the fans etc are still running as if i were using the p.c).

Looking through event viewer, there doesn't appear to be any specific events that lead up to the crash. but it does show errors saying the p.c wasn't shut down correctly.

as far as i am aware the bios is the most up to date version? but i could be wrong. i haven't found a newer version on Asrocks website..

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Generally one looks on AMD’s website for such things.  Not sure the machine is crashing, though it might be.  Could just be the monitor going out.  You could play some background music and if it keeps going after the monitor goes black it wasn’t a crash.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Generally one looks on AMD’s website for such things.  Not sure the machine is crashing, though it might be.  Could just be the monitor going out.  You could play some background music and if it keeps going after the monitor goes black it wasn’t a crash.

Yeah i've had a look on their website & tried their software to ensure i have all the correct drivers etc.

I've tried music, but as soon as the 'crash' happens everything dies barring the fans 😛

2 hours ago, Branga said:

Yeah i've had a look on their website & tried their software to ensure i have all the correct drivers etc.

I've tried music, but as soon as the 'crash' happens everything dies barring the fans 😛

So it is a crash.  That is useful.  The OC thing is still a question as an unstable overclock can do things like that.  Frequently overclocks that seem like they’re stable actually aren’t.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

15 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So it is a crash.  That is useful.  The OC thing is still a question as an unstable overclock can do things like that.  Frequently overclocks that seem like they’re stable actually aren’t.

Yeah i've been super hesitant to over/underclock as i've never needed or wanted to for my use case.
Do you think underclocking might be worth a shout if it decreases power usage?

1 minute ago, Branga said:

Yeah i've been super hesitant to over/underclock as i've never needed or wanted to for my use case.
Do you think underclocking might be worth a shout if it decreases power usage?

I ran across a video headline that claimed one should alway undervolt 12th gen.  I didn’t watch it though so I have no idea what or why or if it was good advice or not.

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I ran across a video headline that claimed one should alway undervolt 12th gen.  I didn’t watch it though so I have no idea what or why or if it was good advice or not.

so i think i may have solved it (touch wood) - i've set a max on the CPU to 3ghz (to try and limit power usage) & have yet to have a crash..
I wonder if there are some reliable higher power adapters out there i could use. as the Jupiter comes with a 90w by default. which is... a bit small :P.