Do voice recorder and camera video recorder use the same mic? Also is the quality the same?

Go to solution Solved by Kazooduck,
4 hours ago, coollincolnboi said:

Oh so it's normal for a voice recording having a better mic quality then video recording?

And this is because video recordings are more forced on picture quality? And nothing is effected by the ejector tool right?

Totally, and yes

you also may have the mic closer to you in a voice recording, where as targets are far away in video

Hello so when you do a voice recording and video recording do they both use the same mic? And if they do will the audio quality be good?

6 minutes ago, coollincolnboi said:

Hello so when you do a voice recording and video recording do they both use the same mic? 

That would depend on the device, but I assume so. 

6 minutes ago, coollincolnboi said:

And if they do will the audio quality be good?

That would also depend on the device. And probably what you're trying to record, different kinds of microphones are good at different things. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 hours ago, Zando_ said:

That would depend on the device, but I assume so. 

That would also depend on the device. And probably what you're trying to record, different kinds of microphones are good at different things. 

I have a samsung s21 fe. Now can you tell me? 

1 hour ago, coollincolnboi said:

I have a samsung s21 fe. Now can you tell me? 

According to this site the FE has the same triple mic setup (2 on top, one on the bottom) as the normal S21, and it's okay with normal recordings, just lacks a bit of treble and bass: https://www.dxomark.com/samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra-5g-exynos-audio-review-excellent-on-artifacts/.

As for which microphones it uses for what, I'm not sure. Samsung doesn't seem to say. I'd assume it uses the bottom mic for voice recordings, and all 3 for video as needed.

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

37 minutes ago, Zando_ said:

According to this site the FE has the same triple mic setup (2 on top, one on the bottom) as the normal S21, and it's okay with normal recordings, just lacks a bit of treble and bass: https://www.dxomark.com/samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra-5g-exynos-audio-review-excellent-on-artifacts/.

As for which microphones it uses for what, I'm not sure. Samsung doesn't seem to say. I'd assume it uses the bottom mic for voice recordings, and all 3 for video as needed.

Oh so the mic quality of the video recording and voice recording be good right? Because I mistskly put the sim ejector tool in the bottom mic hole but I figured out the mic is at the side so it did not damage anything. But I wanted to ask if I record a video or a voice recording will the quality  be good? Thats my main worry lol

Thx for the help :))

29 minutes ago, coollincolnboi said:

Oh so the mic quality of the video recording and voice recording be good right? Because I mistskly put the sim ejector tool in the bottom mic hole but I figured out the mic is at the side so it did not damage anything. But I wanted to ask if I record a video or a voice recording will the quality  be good? Thats my main worry lol

Record a video and see, best way to tell. If it's personal videos/audio then so long as it sounds fine to you, it's good enough.

Main PC 

7 hours ago, Zando_ said:

Record a video and see, best way to tell. If it's personal videos/audio then so long as it sounds fine to you, it's good enough.

Yea I did it sounded good to my 

Last question 

Even though the sim ejector did not damage anything will the mic quality  still be good?

Thank you for the help 

Yea I did it sounded good to my 

Last question 

Even though the sim ejector did not damage anything will the mic quality  still be good?

Thank you for the help 

Sim ejector pushed into a wall in the phone, manufacturers angle the mic away now. You’re good. 🙂

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4

1 hour ago, kamonanban said:

Sim ejector pushed into a wall in the phone, manufacturers angle the mic away now. You’re good. 🙂

OK thank you:) just to clarify if I do a voice or video recording the quality would be good then right? 

1 hour ago, coollincolnboi said:

OK thank you:) just to clarify if I do a voice or video recording the quality would be good then right? 

Yes, but on samsung phones, you can pic what mic to use on voice recorder, and exporting voice files are easier

check your cables!

38 minutes ago, kamonanban said:

Yes, but on samsung phones, you can pic what mic to use on voice recorder, and exporting voice files are easier

OK thx :)) now I know if I do a voice or video recording the quality will be good even though I put the sim ejector tool in the mic hole but it did not damage anything  🙂

27 minutes ago, coollincolnboi said:

OK thx :)) now I know if I do a voice or video recording the quality will be good even though I put the sim ejector tool in the mic hole but it did not damage anything  🙂

Sorry if it comes of as condescending, but could you mark me as the solution instead of yours? It helps with the point system in the website. Thanks!

check your cables!

4 hours ago, kamonanban said:

Sorry if it comes of as condescending, but could you mark me as the solution instead of yours? It helps with the point system in the website. Thanks!

There 🙂 also I have a question I am thinking that because of me putting the ejector tool in the mic hole when I do a voice recording the mic quality is good but when I do a video recording the mic quality isn't good? 

I really get worried about things is this true what I am thinking or dumb because the mic was not damaged?

I will put that answer to the solution:)

Thanks!

2 hours ago, coollincolnboi said:

There 🙂 also I have a question I am thinking that because of me putting the ejector tool in the mic hole when I do a voice recording the mic quality is good but when I do a video recording the mic quality isn't good?

thats just because it uses the whole mic array for voice, where it prioritises video quality for video. its normal 😄

check your cables!

10 hours ago, kamonanban said:

thats just because it uses the whole mic array for voice, where it prioritises video quality for video. its normal 😄

Oh so it's normal for a voice recording having a better mic quality then video recording?

And this is because video recordings are more forced on picture quality? And nothing is effected by the ejector tool right?

Totally, and yes

you also may have the mic closer to you in a voice recording, where as targets are far away in video

check your cables!

3 hours ago, kamonanban said:

Totally, and yes

I have the mic closer for both when did a video and voice recording. 

But it's still the reason because of a video recording being focused on picture quality right? Thats why a voice recorder sounds better? And not because of the sim ejector tool right? 

Sorry last question lol

1 minute ago, coollincolnboi said:

I have the mic closer for both when did a video and voice recording. 

But it's still the reason because of a video recording being focused on picture quality right? Thats why a voice recorder sounds better? And not because of the sim ejector tool right? 

Sorry last question lol

Sim ejector did nothing, just uses more mics on voice recorder

check your cables!

39 minutes ago, kamonanban said:

Sim ejector did nothing, just uses more mics on voice recorder

Oh so that's why voice recorder has better mic quality then video recording?

4 minutes ago, coollincolnboi said:

Oh so that's why voice recorder has better mic quality then video recording?

Yep! Lmk if there’s anything else

check your cables!

5 minutes ago, kamonanban said:

Nothing else your the best!!! 

The best helper thx mann!Mann!! 😊 

33 minutes ago, kamonanban said:

One last thing how do you know all of this? Did you get it from a article or something and or a website can you give the link.

21 hours ago, coollincolnboi said:

One last thing how do you know all of this? Did you get it from a article or something and or a website can you give the link.

Watching a lot of jerryrigeverything tear down videos, and personal experience

check your cables!