Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PSU For RX 6600

 Share

I have a Ryzen 5 5600G as CPU, 8x2GB RAM, GIGABYTE A520M DS3H MB and one Normal SSD. My idea is buy an RX 6600 but the actual PSU isn't enough, just give 350W and I was looking for 550W - 650W PSU. Since my country on Amazon just can find Corsair and EVGA PSU options, no much brands have shippings to Colombia, and into the country normally is more expensive.

I'd like the little help from anyone, so that's it, thx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Mainleiend said:

I have a Ryzen 5 5600G as CPU, 8x2GB RAM, GIGABYTE A520M DS3H MB and one Normal SSD. My idea is buy an RX 6600 but the actual PSU isn't enough, just give 350W and I was looking for 550W - 650W PSU. Since my country on Amazon just can find Corsair and EVGA PSU options, no much brands have shippings to Colombia, and into the country normally is more expensive.

I'd like the little help from anyone, so that's it, thx

There is the PSU tierlist..

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Mainleiend said:

I have a Ryzen 5 5600G as CPU, 8x2GB RAM, GIGABYTE A520M DS3H MB and one Normal SSD. My idea is buy an RX 6600 but the actual PSU isn't enough, just give 350W and I was looking for 550W - 650W PSU. Since my country on Amazon just can find Corsair and EVGA PSU options, no much brands have shippings to Colombia, and into the country normally is more expensive.

I'd like the little help from anyone, so that's it, thx

Can you post a link to an online shop?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, doubleflower said:

Can you post a link to an online shop?

The default around here is usually PCpartPicker as it links to multiple shops in a given country.  It doesn’t cover all countries though.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2022 at 4:56 PM, Bombastinator said:

There is the PSU tierlist..

I already saw the tierlist but is sometimes confusing and others idk if the option is too much for a build like that or smth.

 

adding, i found 2 PSU's that i couldn't identify well from the PSU's Tier List, and are the Corsair CX650F RGB and the Cooler Master MWE Gold, both with 550w or 650w, so, what do you think could be a good idea to get... Or directly are bad options and I should search other options?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw an NZXT C750 on sale and wonder if is a good idea, I did check the tier list and seems a good option, any suggestion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mainleiend said:

I just saw an NZXT C750 on sale and wonder if is a good idea, I did check the tier list and seems a good option, any suggestion?

At Amazon, the 2022 model?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mainleiend said:

I just saw an NZXT C750 on sale and wonder if is a good idea, I did check the tier list and seems a good option, any suggestion?

It’s probably more power than you need, but too much power only hurts electric bills. If it’s cheap enough it will function.  I haven’t looked at the tierlist recently, but if it’s a good PSU it’s a good PSU. Year of make matters though. They can look exactly the same on the outside but be totally different on the inside, and it’s the inside that matters.

Edited by Bombastinator

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s probably more power than you need, but too much power only hurts electric bills. If it’s cheap enough it will function.  I haven’t looked at the tierlist recently, but if it’s a good PSU it’s a good PSU. Year of make matters though. They can look exactly the same on the outside but be totally different on the inside, and it’s the inside that matters.

Still don't know if get an RX 6600 or any superior, think that the limit is a 3060, but who knows haha btw, what do you think about the Cooler Master and the Corsair PSU, i think saw them on the tier list but idk if it can be confused with other line, for the label thing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, --SID-- said:

At Amazon, the 2022 model?

exactly that, it's already on 100$, but it's still a good price for me, and more if I decide go for a better GPU

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Mainleiend said:

exactly that, it's already on 100$, but it's still a good price for me, and more if I decide go for a better GPU

Did I just miss something?  I thought I just saw a “a or b” question answered with “yes” for something other than ice cream scoops.  So there are two PSUs? 

Edited by Bombastinator

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mainleiend said:

exactly that, it's already on 100$, but it's still a good price for me, and more if I decide go for a better GPU

The 2022 model has a new platform, other than the previous model. We don't known nothing about it. Wait for reviews before buying it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Cooler Master MWE is a decent PSU. It's not great or have out of this world feature, but it should be good. Still, I would strongly suggest you to get MWE Gold instead of Bronze as Gold has a slightly better quality. I don't have data on Corsair CX series though.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

 

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2022 at 8:31 PM, Bombastinator said:

Did I just miss something?  I thought I just saw a “a or b” question answered with “yes” for something other than ice cream scoops.  So there are two PSUs? 

I was still searching options and found that, that's why wasn't on the original post

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2022 at 1:32 AM, --SID-- said:

The 2022 model has a new platform, other than the previous model. We don't known nothing about it. Wait for reviews before buying it.

And what about the 2020 model, just for references, is it good or isn't worth it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2022 at 4:29 AM, Chiyawa said:

I know Cooler Master MWE is a decent PSU. It's not great or have out of this world feature, but it should be good. Still, I would strongly suggest you to get MWE Gold instead of Bronze as Gold has a slightly better quality. I don't have data on Corsair CX series though.

If that's the case, I think found the PSU I was looking for, exactly the Gold Model is the one I found, for modularity, now, I ask, v1 or v2 of MWE Gold 550? Can sound stupid but who knows, PSU's aren't my field

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mainleiend said:

And what about the 2020 model, just for references, is it good or isn't worth it?

That should have been reviewed somewhere.  Is it on none of the tiers?

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2022 at 10:15 PM, Bombastinator said:

That should have been reviewed somewhere.  Is it on none of the tiers?

isn't mentioned any specific model, just NZXT C, and due the last update, i think it refers just to the 2020 model (On the tier list)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mainleiend said:

isn't mentioned any specific model, just NZXT C, and due the last update, i think it refers just to the 2020 model (On the tier list)

Such a thing by definition cannot be exhaustive.  Corsair is a weird company to miss though.  A shortage of reviews can but does not necessarily say bad things about a product though.  If a product is bad and the company knows it they may put pressure to bear in a attempt to keep it from being reviewed.  Or it might have just not happened.  Makes the thing kind of a pig in a poke.  Might do to see if there are less reviews than normal for the model and if the reviews that were done were known soft sources. If that was the case it makes poor quality vey possible.  No company makes either an unusually good product or an unusually bad one all the time. (Well there were a few companies that did that but they didn’t stay in business long)   It needs to be looked at on a model by model basis. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×