Upgrade or not to Upgrade - this is the question

Budget (including currency): 1000€- 1500€ but it should be little as possible

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: PoE(most played), TfT, Witcher

Other details

My Specs:

1. Monitor 1440p

2. CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

3. RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667

4. GPU: GTX 1070

5. Mainboard: msi tomahag

I would like to have a:

Priority

1. Better CPU

2. 32GB Ram

Sometimes PoE does not run so smoothly and that is the reason.

And in general an upragde would not be bad.

What do you think about the Ryzen 7000 Series? Should I wait?

Maybe somethink lighter or Idk.

Just now, Sergie XD said:

What do you think about the Ryzen 7000 Series? Should I wait?

It's likely gonna be quite the uplift over Ryzen 5000, if you're fine waiting the 4-6 months for it to be released, I would. If you need the upgrade now, I'd just get a new CPU, something like a 5600/5600X, an extra 16GB of RAM, and call it a day. 

Path of Exile is almost 10 years old.  What’s going on with it?  I doubt the issue would be resolved by a slight improvement in single core speed.  If anything I’d chalk it up to the game having issues with windows 11 or just imperfect netcode.  A 2600 and a 1070 should run games like that flawlessly.  GPUs half as fast still get over 150fps, and I seriously doubt it’s maxing out your CPU.  Check utilization in task manager while you play.  Same goes for RAM, I don’t think that kind of game is gonna be pushing you anywhere near needing more, even with other stuff open in the background (windows will always prioritize your active application over other things for RAM usage).

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

1 hour ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Path of Exile is almost 10 years old.  What’s going on with it?  I doubt the issue would be resolved by a slight improvement in single core speed.  If anything I’d chalk it up to the game having issues with windows 11 or just imperfect netcode.  A 2600 and a 1070 should run games like that flawlessly.  GPUs half as fast still get over 150fps, and I seriously doubt it’s maxing out your CPU.  Check utilization in task manager while you play.  Same goes for RAM, I don’t think that kind of game is gonna be pushing you anywhere near needing more, even with other stuff open in the background (windows will always prioritize your active application over other things for RAM usage).

yes, normally it would be fine, but you can spawn a lot of entities as a summenner etc. This causes a delay in the game. Windows 10. I think the Cpu is the problem here

2 minutes ago, Sergie XD said:

yes, normally it would be fine, but you can spawn a lot of entities as a summenner etc. This causes a delay in the game. Windows 10. I think the Cpu is the problem here

I don't think a generational improvement in core freq is gonna resolve that.  I wouldn't say the CPU is the problem, I'd say that's a limitation of spawning that many enemies in the game.  You'd likely still experience this on a faster CPU.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.