Rtx 3070 ti for 785€ or 3080 for 900€

Hi, 

I was wondering if someone had an oppinion whether to buy a graphics card now or wait until rtx 4000 series drop, or ARK?

If I were to buy a graphic card, i'm looking into a 3070ti or a 3080. I have seen Zotac cards much cheaper than the rest, 50€ cheaper, I do not know if this reflacts the non-existing desire of buyers regarding Zotac cards.

Another question was what would you suggest between an rtx 3070 ti for 785€ (Asus TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Ti OC Edition 8GB GDDR6X) or an rtx 3080 for 900€ (Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING OC V2 LHR 10GB GDDR6X)

dude i am in the same boat. im not sure if its worth buying now. i feel like the new cards are so close that  i would be dumb to not wait but at the same time i would bet its going to run PCI 5.0 based on the gen 5 optimization for new AMD CPU's,  so new rig to get optimal performance. but if its just a card on gen 3 or 4 then idk why wait, especially with how they all were bought up for like 2 years.    

Depends, how in need of a GPU are you.
What you are going to use it for.
Does $115 feels a lot to you or not.
How's those 2 brands support center reputation in your country? (example : in my country, Zotac's RMA is a literal shit)

14 minutes ago, BizzWhacken said:

dude i am in the same boat. im not sure if its worth buying now. i feel like the new cards are so close that  i would be dumb to not wait but at the same time i would bet its going to run PCI 5.0 based on the gen 5 optimization for new AMD CPU's,  so new rig to get optimal performance. but if its just a card on gen 3 or 4 then idk why wait, especially with how they all were bought up for like 2 years.    

Will RTX4000 availability be good? who knows.
Will it be PCIE 5? who knows.
Will PCIE 5 increase it's performance that much? who knows (even right now 4 and 3 isn't that much different IMHO)
Will RTX4000 pricing be well in your budget? who knows. Nvidia now knows how much money people are willing to shell out afterall.
Will it work flawlessly? who knows. It'll be like : the CPU, Chipset, and GPU , all three using a new thing. It might, or might not be well.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

17 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

Will RTX4000 availability be good? who knows.
Will it be PCIE 5? who knows.
Will PCIE 5 increase it's performance that much? who knows (even right now 4 and 3 isn't that much different IMHO)
Will RTX4000 pricing be well in your budget? who knows. Nvidia now knows how much money people are willing to shell out afterall.
Will it work flawlessly? who knows. It'll be like : the CPU, Chipset, and GPU , all three using a new thing. It might, or might not be well.

dude super fair. but i can imagine that it will be crazy good. like the leaks have been crazy about the 4000 series cards. but i do see your point if the cards themselves are just a rebrand with slightly better maybe you can grab a 3080 for cheaper. like getting a 11900k vs. a 12900k. like if we see a price drop of 200 (insert your currency) or so then waiting will be super worth it. 

51 minutes ago, BizzWhacken said:

dude super fair. but i can imagine that it will be crazy good. like the leaks have been crazy about the 4000 series cards. but i do see your point if the cards themselves are just a rebrand with slightly better maybe you can grab a 3080 for cheaper. like getting a 11900k vs. a 12900k. like if we see a price drop of 200 (insert your currency) or so then waiting will be super worth it. 

Leaks are always crazy seeming.
What usually never leaked are the downsides.

Even today, a 3090 PCIe 4 and 3 difference isn't that much. And it's 5 already? xD

Linus, GamersNexus, Hardware Unboxed tested this quite thoroughly

I put LTT vid last, cuz damn I seriously think atleast Tech Jesus (GamersNexus) should have more subscriber & views.

But eh, we'll see when it's released.
Me, i always don't want to be the first to jump in when it's about new tech / implementation (Guinea Pig).

Especially if it's gonna cost me thousands of dollars.
Wanting to use PCIE5 means needing to upgrade almost the whole system to PCIE5 and/or DDR5 environment afterall.

Side note: Personally, I might even prefer if it's going to be just like 5-10% increase, as long what happened last 2 years doesn't happen again.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.