Height Adjustable Desk in EU

Budget (including currency): 1000€ (tops, obviously if a perfectly sturdy, non-wobbly desk with good materials is under that, much better!)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Well, it will have to hold an Asus PG348Q (which weighs approximately 15 kilograms), a secondary 1080p monitor which isn't really heavy, and my computer, which is a heavy lian li Dynamic Evo, with a 2080ti, which are quite heavy I guess.

Other details: I just moved to this country and I have absolutely no idea where to get a proper desk for both office and gaming. I am running with a 20$ Ikea desk atm, and I want to be able to stand up every now and then and keep playing, yet at the same time I want to have the sturdiness of a proper desk. 

There's a LOT of shops here that sell those kinds of desks, under brands I've never heard before, so the only one I have been looking into that I kinda trust is Ikea's own https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/uppspel-gaming-desk-black-s59430197/

What do you guys think?

I am sorry If this post doesn't belong to this section, I couldn't find any better Q_Q

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards.

I got a perfectly good adjustable desk for about 300€, maybe it costs 400€ now. Interesetingly it has the same controller as the ikea desk you linked, because they all use the same chinese OEM for motors and stuff. But the ikea desk is 2x more expensive.

My suggestion is to stay far away from anything with "gaming" in the name, because worst, it is cheap chinese crap, like all the racing chairs, at best it is an office product with edgy angles attached, and at 100% markup, for example this desk you listed.

I got mine from a small local manufacturer, who buys the components, and then assembles these themselves, so I would suggest looking for something like that. They branded themselves as office standing desk sellers, not as "gaming".

Fair warning, if you are a really tall person, then every standing desk wobbles at standing height a bit, but it is mostly a non issue, as you rest your elbows on the desk, stabilizing it.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

@Origami Cactus Thank you for your answer. I agree, normally I move far away from "Gaming" branded stuff when it comes to Audio, chairs, and whatnot. I have a desk at the office that is insanely good, but that company only sells in bulks to big companies, and since I'm lost in Sweden I just don't know who to turn to. Let me show some examples, perhaps you like them better. 🙂

This one for instance, looks nice, it's good price as well, apparently it holds 125kg, but the legs are attatched to the center of the table, I am not sure how much that matters, since the monitors sit on the back of the table.

This one, 60kg

This one, also 60kg.

What I don't understand is that all of them look the same, but some apparently can hold so much more weight. I don't know what to think really. hahaha

28 minutes ago, Layan Morningstar said:

@Origami Cactus Thank you for your answer. I agree, normally I move far away from "Gaming" branded stuff when it comes to Audio, chairs, and whatnot. I have a desk at the office that is insanely good, but that company only sells in bulks to big companies, and since I'm lost in Sweden I just don't know who to turn to. Let me show some examples, perhaps you like them better. 🙂

This one for instance, looks nice, it's good price as well, apparently it holds 125kg, but the legs are attatched to the center of the table, I am not sure how much that matters, since the monitors sit on the back of the table.

This one, 60kg

This one, also 60kg.

What I don't understand is that all of them look the same, but some apparently can hold so much more weight. I don't know what to think really. hahaha

yeah these are all really similar, because they use the same manufacturer parts, just in different flavors.

The weight is strickly dependant on the motors. If the motors are strong enough to lift 120kg, then they are, if they use a single motor instead of 2, then you get 60kg.

And I don't understand what you mean by attached to the center of the table, they are all like this most likely.

All of them have the middle bar that is the whole length of the table, for stability.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

3 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

yeah these are all really similar, because they use the same manufacturer parts, just in different flavors.

The weight is strickly dependant on the motors. If the motors are strong enough to lift 120kg, then they are, if they use a single motor instead of 2, then you get 60kg.

And I don't understand what you mean by attached to the center of the table, they are all like this most likely.

All of them have the middle bar that is the whole length of the table, for stability.

@Origami Cactus I mean this!  For example the Ikea table has the legs of the table connected a bit further back, I assume because that's where most of the weight is placed, since the monitors sit back there, mostly.

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, Origami Cactus said:

Fair warning, if you are a really tall person, then every standing desk wobbles at standing height a bit, but it is mostly a non issue, as you rest your elbows on the desk, stabilizing it.

I don't believe mine does, it just doesn't go quite tall enough sadly (only 48", I may set it on some 2x6s or something at some point if I decide to use the standing functionality more often). I have an Autonomous SmartDesk 2 Home Edition, beefy steel and solid wood top so it's not wobbly. Though jesus their prices hiked, I got mine on sale for $250 (down from $300), it looks like their cheapest is ~$550 or so now. Apparently related to manufacturing cost hikes with all the supply chain and other covid related issues. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I use Autonomous tables.

I have 4 now and will be getting a 5th after I recarpet my bedroom.

2 are 53" and 2 are 70".

2 are Smart Desks that at lift 265lbs and 2 are Smart Desk Pros that lift 300lbs. I get what ever is on sale.

One I am putting together today is for my new i9 11900k computer that is in a Dynamic Evo(they are heavy).  

I also use one as a dining room table since I like counter high eating and if I need to work on anything I can adjust it for best comfort. 

50 minutes ago, Layan Morningstar said:

@Origami Cactus I mean this!  For example the Ikea table has the legs of the table connected a bit further back, I assume because that's where most of the weight is placed, since the monitors sit back there, mostly.

This is not an issue with an Autonomous tables. 

The tables are fine even with my 55" OLED TVs I use as monitors.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

5 minutes ago, jones177 said:

I use Autonomous tables.

I have 4 now and will be getting a 5th after I recarpet my bedroom.

2 are 53" and 2 are 70".

2 are Smart Desks that at lift 265lbs and 2 are Smart Desk Pros that lift 300lbs. I get what ever is on sale.

One I am putting together today is for my new i9 11900k computer that is in a Dynamic Evo(they are heavy).  

I also use one as a dining room table since I like counter high eating and if I need to work on anything I can adjust it for best comfort. 

This is not an issue with an Autonomous tables. 

The tables are fine even with my 55" OLED TVs I use as monitors.

I see. Thank you for your input!

What do you think of the uplift desks, and the links i posted earlier?

Thanks ❤️

Personally I use the same Maxnomic chair that LMG uses  and love it but then again I'm pretty sure they only ship to Canada and the United States

1 hour ago, Layan Morningstar said:

I see. Thank you for your input!

What do you think of the uplift desks, and the links i posted earlier?

Thanks ❤️

I don't like anything ikea.  

I designed trade show booths and events and have used and modeled most of their office style furniture and I think in is cheesy cheap. Clients ordered it so they got it.

I need to see reviews before I buy anything I will have to live with for a while.

This is only one of many I watched when I bought the first one.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

This Autonomous desk really seems nice. I will check their website and try to order one.

I need them to be 180cmx80cm so hopefully they have big ones.

I went to Ikea today and checked the gaming table and it was wobbly as fudge. It was next to a slightly smaller office Ikea desk and that was much much much better. Unfortunately they don't make them 180cm long... So i will try to get the autonomous one sent to Sweden.

I've been reading on replies now that I'm home @jones177, and I have seen some pretty scary reviews online.

Top-Rated Standing Desk Reviews | We Lab Tested The 43 Most Popular (workwhilewalking.com)

What do you think about this list?

Edit: I just talked to Customer Support over at Autonomous, and they do not have any size choice for EU. Unfortunately I cannot get the big desk from them. So, since they're out of the picture, any other recomendations?

7 hours ago, Layan Morningstar said:

I've been reading on replies now that I'm home @jones177, and I have seen some pretty scary reviews online.

Top-Rated Standing Desk Reviews | We Lab Tested The 43 Most Popular (workwhilewalking.com)

What do you think about this list?

Edit: I just talked to Customer Support over at Autonomous, and they do not have any size choice for EU. Unfortunately I cannot get the big desk from them. So, since they're out of the picture, any other recomendations?

I think the site is stupid or is getting paid by some.

To give you idea. on one review they said the desk is not good for short people. I have the desk and it goes from 29.5" to 48.4".

They also said the desk is unstable. Here is Games Nexus using the Smart Desk legs for their set table(5:40).

The only other desk I considered was by Uplift. 

Unfortunately I cannot buy an Uplift desk. I would love to, same as an Autonomous desk, but they simply don't sell in the EU. Uplift can send to EU, but the taxes, fees and customs

will probably end up costing the same, if not more than the price of the desk itself, which is ridiculous.

@jones177 Thank you though. But I sort of need a EU based desk, or a company that has warehouses in here. 😞

1 hour ago, Layan Morningstar said:

Unfortunately I cannot buy an Uplift desk. I would love to, same as an Autonomous desk, but they simply don't sell in the EU. Uplift can send to EU, but the taxes, fees and customs

will probably end up costing the same, if not more than the price of the desk itself, which is ridiculous.

@jones177 Thank you though. But I sort of need a EU based desk, or a company that has warehouses in here. 😞

The only tech channel I follow from across the pond that had a standing desk in it was this. SONO E2

10:25