Been crashing for about ~8 years now. Replaced all hardware. Microsoft no help. Reinstalls no help.

Azlia

I just don't know what to do now. I've posted this before and was told it's my PSU. I replace it.. get told it's my RAM... I replace it.. get told it's my GPU, replaced that too. Each time the BSOD actually stops for, maybe 3-4 days. Then it's back in full-force.

Infact, I have at this point replaced every part in my PC about 4 times. I keep getting WatchDog violations, and System service exceptions. This happens MOST when I'm Streaming, watching a Stream, or watching a YouTube video. It does not happen nearly as often, perhaps not at *all* when I'm playing a game or benchmarking. The crashes will also happen if I watch a Stream, then close the stream. Hours or so later the BSOD will creep on me if I dare ever watch any type of stream prior that day.

I've had this exact issue on Windows 7, and Windows 8.. Reinstalling them, moving to new drives, etc. changed absolutely nothing. And the same issue persisted through Windows 10. But when I first installed 10 the BSODs were gone and I couldn't believe it.. but it only took 2 weeks before they were back. Reinstalling makes BSODs go away for only about 1 week, and it's pretty consistent about that.

I only install my essentials. I just have Steam, Discord, Photoshop, Unity, Blender, Photoshop, ShareX, and UE5. BSODs also happen *sometimes* on Photoshop or if Photoshop was opened that day.

The only things that have NOT changed, is I use an older HDD for videos and pictures (It is NOT the main drive.). Other then that it's non-internal stuff I still have, such as my Corsair strafe keyboard, K7XX headphones, Blue yeti, and old Wacom Tablet (And of course its drivers as well). I have replaced everything internally 5 times over. On my 5th GPU, Mobo, PSU, CPU, etc etc etc.

Chkdsk has done nothing. sfc has done nothing. Windows doesn't find any missing/corrupt files. Reinstalling windows, of course, only works for about a week. I reinstall all my essentials on day 1 after a reinstall so it can't be because of something new I install.

• OS - Windows 10
  • x64
  • Windows 7 was the original OS. Then Windows 8.1, now Windows 10.
  • Was preinstalled.
  • Hardware is 1 month old. All of it except the HDD used for images and videos.
  • OS has been reinstalled so many times. Last time was about a month a go.
  • CPU - 5950x.
  • GPU - 3080TI
  • MotherBoard - MEG X570 ACE
  • Power Supply - CORSAIR HX Series HX1000 (1000 Watt)
  • System Manufacturer - Built by a friend about 8 years a go. I have completely replaced everything.
  • Exact model number - N/A
  • RAM - 32G
  • Desktop

Have you tried running the system without the photos hard drive plugged in?

When you reinstall windows do you reinstall all your applications? If so try not doing that.

Possibly a wall power issue? Try a UPS to see if its a wall power issue?

Sounds like you've had a rough time.

Almost sounds like you should just get rid of everyhting and buy a prebuilt lol

(if your luck is that bad)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

8 years? 5950X isn't that old?

Same issue across 8 years of hardware upgrades?

RMA the cpu? Or this is the replacement for older hardware?

Bios up to date? Chipset drivers up to date Before the bios update? 

Old keyboard. Hmm. Have you tried other keyboards and mice. It looks obvious it's old hardware you've carried over to the new build.....

I second the above - if you have replaced absolutely everything, it is quite possible for a peripheral causing the issue. (Or you are really unlucky with hardware)

A dodgy microprocessor responsible for storing settings in the keyboard could be quite capable of spitting out some garbage and cause a blue screen.

{
    "PC": [
        {
            "Part": "CPU",
            "Spec": "i7-2600k @ 4.4GHz"
        },
        {
            "Part": "RAM",
            "Spec": "32GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 9-9-9-24"
        },
        {
            "Part": "GPU",
            "Spec": "inno3d 980Ti"
        },
        {
            "Part": "Motherboard",
            "Spec": "Asus P8Z68-v Pro"
        },
        {
            "Part": "Storage",
            "Spec": "1x 500GB 860 EVO, 2x MX500"
        },
        {
            "Part": "PSU",
            "Spec": "Corsair GS800"
        }
    ]
}

4 hours ago, SignatureSigner said:

Have you tried running the system without the photos hard drive plugged in?

When you reinstall windows do you reinstall all your applications? If so try not doing that.

Possibly a wall power issue? Try a UPS to see if its a wall power issue?

Sounds like you've had a rough time.

Almost sounds like you should just get rid of everyhting and buy a prebuilt lol

(if your luck is that bad)

Possibly a "Dirty Power" issue, depending on where they are and a UPS makes sense to help with that.

Read this, I believe you may need a Power Conditioner and (Possibly) a surge protector too to resolve things.  Power Conditioner Vs Surge Protector: Which Is Best For Your Needs?
No matter what you do or build, it won't work properly until these issues if they exist (Seems like they do) are fixed and from your description it's been across MANY different builds with entirely new hardware pieces.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.