GPU cuts out signal mid game

Havok224

Hi, 

I have an issue with my GPU that I cant seem to figure out..it cuts out video signal mid game if in 95+% use for a while and 

I have to reboot the pc to regain functionality.

Now the PSU provides plenty from what I can see power wise... 
I installed MSI afterburner and scaled down all the frequencies by around 200 and even then the temp stays around 67 degrees.

I'm keeping the case open for better airflow and check for cleaning every 2 weeks.

I of course did the works reinstalled/rerolled drivers to half a dozen versions, reinstalled windows, turned everything but the game off.

And I cant for the life of me find what's going on.

My best bet right now would be VRAM overheat because of bad paste?

But I still think that would show an increased temp in MSI afterburner.

(I haven't changed the paste yet since it would void warranty and reluctant to send to store since its on the other side of the country).

I lost a GTX1060 to the same issue in September last year. And literally built a whole new pc just "to be safe" and here I am with the same bs.

But the issue on the 1060 started only after like 2-3 years of solid use so I thought it just ran its course.

Just wanting to check if anyone else has an idea/experience.

INNO3D GEFORCE RTX 3060 Ti TWIN X2 LHR

with

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3600    56 °C
RAM
16GB Dual-Channel  @ 1064MHz
Motherboard
ASRock B450 Pro4 (AM4)  

PSU
Corsair VS650

Have you tried running a program like Furmark and keeping an eye on the temps?

You can use a program like hardware info 64 to view everything.

What's your electrical situation? You plugged the PC straight into a wall outlet? tried switching outlets?

Did you check event viewer? Does it give any errors when your system fucks up?

In all honesty, I would bite the bullet and RMA the card, you might have been unlucky, I had the same thing with my 2070, it was the VRAM chips as well, they replaced them and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

I would get Event 41 but since that means: 
There is something happened unexpectedly that blocked Windows from turning off properly. 
I'm guessing that is because I manually shut of the PC. 

I do have hardware info 64 but cant really get to it since I cant see anything when it happens.

But I also tried running the Furmark as you suggested it ran for 30 mins without any issues.
I mean the fans sounded like they were going to lift off for a little bit but that's it.