What do y’all think of my build ? Any suggestions perhaps ?

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YZ36Dq

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($598.98 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X73 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($152.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($229.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory  ($319.99) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($179.99) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card  ($699.99) 
Case: Corsair 5000D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.99 @ Corsair) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: NZXT Aer P 73.11 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($8.99 @ Amazon) * 7
Total: $2508.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

What is the pc being used for ? What monitor do you have ?

near top tier CPU on a bargain bucket tier Z690 board

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

9 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

near top tier CPU on a bargain bucket tier Z690 board

Wdym ?

9 hours ago, lee32uk said:

What is the pc being used for ? What monitor do you have ?

Gaming such as Fortnite and Minecraft, but I’m hoping to get into some more demanding games bc my current PC can’t handle them. I have a 60 hz monitor, but I plan to get a 165hz soon.

9 minutes ago, SchezwanNoodles said:

Wdym ?

Well typically MSi PRO -A boards are their cheapest offerings in their respective chipset classes.  I mean it MAY be 'enough' for a 12900.  But you're buying the 'K' sku of the chip which, overclocking to one side for a minute.  Will Turbo indefinitely with this new generation resulting in about a 250w to 270w sustained load on the VRM so i'd look to spend a little more on that part.

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

21 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

Well typically MSi PRO -A boards are their cheapest offerings in their respective chipset classes.  I mean it MAY be 'enough' for a 12900.  But you're buying the 'K' sku of the chip which, overclocking to one side for a minute.  Will Turbo indefinitely with this new generation resulting in about a 250w to 270w sustained load on the VRM so i'd look to spend a little more on that part.

Kk, thanks. Is this better - ASUS Z690-PLUS TUF Gaming WiFi D5 Intel LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard ?

24 minutes ago, SchezwanNoodles said:

Kk, thanks. Is this better - ASUS Z690-PLUS TUF Gaming WiFi D5 Intel LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard ?

Watch this vid.

It was one of his videos i was referencing when i said about the VRM not being enough on the PRO A but this generation it seems to be good

1 minute ago, SimplyChunk said:

Watch this vid.

It was one of his videos i was referencing when i said about the VRM not being enough on the PRO A but this generation it seems to be good

Oh ok. Thank you so much !

Msi z690a will handle it just fine, they have solid vrms even for a 12900k, no reason to waste more money on a board other than i/o since overclocking is dead anyways, though if you are interested in more i/o you may be interested in the z690 aero g since it has boatloads of i/o if you ever need it, avoid asus as they tend to be needlessly overpriced while being inferior to stuff like the z690 a pro/tomahawk/aero g

Btw ddr5 is useless garbage atm, if you want fast rams get some ddr4 ballistix, you can clock em to 4600+ cl18 ~1.6v if you wanna spend abit of time tuning and researching, that will annihilate most ddr5 while being wayyyy cheaper, 3000/3200 bin is fine but you may wanna shoot for the 3600, 4000, or 4400 bins if you are really serious, but over 5100mhz may be a struggle even for the highest bin sticks, mainly temp issues. B die is great but unless you got a good ram overclock board over 4200 may be a struggle cause dual rank suck for high speed

Gpu wise 3080 minimum, 3070ti is pathetic for this pricerange

Okay, thx. Also, will 850 watts be enough for overlocking etc ?

13 hours ago, SchezwanNoodles said:

Gaming such as Fortnite and Minecraft, but I’m hoping to get into some more demanding games bc my current PC can’t handle them. I have a 60 hz monitor, but I plan to get a 165hz soon.

I forgot to ask, do you already own any of those parts listed above ? 

12 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Msi z690a will handle it just fine, they have solid vrms even for a 12900k, no reason to waste more money on a board other than i/o since overclocking is dead anyways, though if you are interested in more i/o you may be interested in the z690 aero g since it has boatloads of i/o if you ever need it, avoid asus as they tend to be needlessly overpriced while being inferior to stuff like the z690 a pro/tomahawk/aero g

Btw ddr5 is useless garbage atm, if you want fast rams get some ddr4 ballistix, you can clock em to 4600+ cl18 ~1.6v if you wanna spend abit of time tuning and researching, that will annihilate most ddr5 while being wayyyy cheaper, 3000/3200 bin is fine but you may wanna shoot for the 3600, 4000, or 4400 bins if you are really serious, but over 5100mhz may be a struggle even for the highest bin sticks, mainly temp issues. B die is great but unless you got a good ram overclock board over 4200 may be a struggle cause dual rank suck for high speed

Gpu wise 3080 minimum, 3070ti is pathetic for this pricerange

I have everything except for GPU, CPU, and motherboard.

On 5/23/2022 at 8:52 AM, SchezwanNoodles said:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YZ36Dq

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($598.98 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X73 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($152.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($229.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory  ($319.99) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($179.99) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card  ($699.99) 
Case: Corsair 5000D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.99 @ Corsair) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: NZXT Aer P 73.11 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($8.99 @ Amazon) * 7
Total: $2508.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

If you’re going with a top tier 12900k you should upgrade your gpu to either a3080 or 3080ti

On 5/23/2022 at 11:30 PM, SchezwanNoodles said:

I would drop down to the 12700K/KF as that will save $200+. That could go towards the new monitor. Even a 12600K/KF wouldn't be a terrible idea. 

3 hours ago, lee32uk said:

I would drop down to the 12700K/KF as that will save $200+. That could go towards the new monitor. Even a 12600K/KF wouldn't be a terrible idea. 

Okay, thanks everyone.