Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Advice on new build

Budget (including currency): £1500 (Pounds)

Country: UK

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA Games. Got a 1440p 60hz monitor

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

 

PC Part Picker link https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pQbYd9

 

Any thoughts? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Not bad, but the case has no airflow and the motherboard isn't great. I also added a bigger PSU

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£162.99 @ AWD-IT) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£72.89 @ Technextday) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660 GAMING X AX DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (£170.98 @ Novatech) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£53.90 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Storage: Crucial P2 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£67.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£74.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  (£699.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: NZXT H510 Flow ATX Mid Tower Case  (£69.98 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£78.81 @ Technextday) 
Total: £1452.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-23 12:17 BST+0100

Edited by Pixelfie
Changed GPU to 3070 Ti. Same performance for gaming, faster at RT and non gaming tasks

GPU Powercolor RX 6600 | CPU i5-10400F Motherboard B460M Pro4Memory HyperX Fury RGB 16gb 3200 | Storage MX500 500gb, Barracuda 2tb | PSU RM650x (2018) CPU cooler Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition | Case Some cheap Antec Monitor AOC C24G2U | Mouse G703 HeroKeyboard Drevo Seer Max (Gateron Brown) | Headset Arctis 3 (2019)Mousepad QCK Edge XL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Budget (including currency): £1500 (Pounds)

Country: UK

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA Games. Got a 1440p 60hz monitor

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

 

PC Part Picker link https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pQbYd9

 

Any thoughts? 

 

Not a big fan of the case, not sure if you really *need* the HDD.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, krakek said:

Not a big fan of the case, not sure if you really *need* the HDD.

Data storage -- then and now | Computerworld

 

I bet when that 5mb HDD was new people never thought they'd fill it up. I'm currently using 3.4TB out of my 4TB on my current machine..... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, GeorgeKellow said:

Data storage -- then and now | Computerworld

 

I bet when that 5mb HDD was new people never thought they'd fill it up. I'm currently using 3.4TB out of my 4TB on my current machine..... 

Fair enough, I have 3 TB of NVMe storage on my machine.

 

That said - beyond that I would suggest going for NAS rather than internal HDD storage.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Not bad, but the case has no airflow and the motherboard isn't great. I also added a bigger PSU

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£162.99 @ AWD-IT) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£72.89 @ Technextday) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660 GAMING X AX DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (£170.98 @ Novatech) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£53.90 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Storage: Crucial P2 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£67.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£74.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  (£699.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: NZXT H510 Flow ATX Mid Tower Case  (£69.98 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£78.81 @ Technextday) 
Total: £1452.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-23 12:17 BST+0100

Is 3070ti worth it over 3070? I wonder if one were to cut some corners here one could get to a 3080 instead of 6800XT 🤔

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, krakek said:

Is 3070ti worth it over 3070? I wonder if one were to cut some corners here one could get to a 3080 instead of 6800XT 🤔

With a mATX board a 3080 would be possible.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£162.99 @ AWD-IT) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£72.89 @ Technextday) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (£113.47 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£53.90 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Storage: Crucial P2 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£67.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£74.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Palit GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB GamingPro Video Card  (£783.01 @ NeoComputers) 
Case: NZXT H510 Flow ATX Mid Tower Case  (£69.98 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£78.81 @ Technextday) 
Total: £1478.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-23 12:45 BST+0100

GPU Powercolor RX 6600 | CPU i5-10400F Motherboard B460M Pro4Memory HyperX Fury RGB 16gb 3200 | Storage MX500 500gb, Barracuda 2tb | PSU RM650x (2018) CPU cooler Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition | Case Some cheap Antec Monitor AOC C24G2U | Mouse G703 HeroKeyboard Drevo Seer Max (Gateron Brown) | Headset Arctis 3 (2019)Mousepad QCK Edge XL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could spend a little less if its a 60Hz monitor.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£162.99 @ AWD-IT)
CPU Cooler: SilentiumPC Fera 5 CPU Cooler  (£23.90 @ Alza)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M GAMING X DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (£125.99 @ Technextday)
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£53.90 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£183.99 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Red Devil OC Video Card  (£543.48 @ Ebuyer)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  (£59.99 @ Currys PC World)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£69.99 @ AWD-IT)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  (£4.99 @ Alza)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  (£4.99 @ Alza)
Total: £1234.21
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-23 13:05 BST+0100

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×