Fast home storage help picking motherboard !

Budget (including currency): under $300 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Ryzen 7 5700x 

Okay so I am looking for an x570 motherboard or something out of box supporting the 5700x, it needs to have 4  16x PCI-E 3.0 or 4.0 slots.

Planning to put a few of ASUS' or a similar m.2 expansion card with 4x m.2 3.0 slots. I want 3 of these for a total of 12 drives + 1 onboard and of course I'll need a low end GPU just for video out. 

There may be another way to do what I want, but I'm going to be recording a ton of 4k video and edit it, I need a decently fast storage utilizing anything 1gb ethernet or better. I think to actually use this bandwidth I would need NVME 3.0 ?

I don't want to spend $1000+ on a godlike when its completely unnecessary.  It is so far the only board I have found though, that supports 4-16x slots

Thank you anyone for you help !!!

I don’t think that exists under $800 let alone $300. Max you can get for that little is 3 slots most likely. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1543543-REG/gigabyte_x570_ud_motherboard.html/?ap=y&ap=y&smp=y&smp=y&lsft=BI%3A5451&gclid=CjwKCAjw4ayUBhA4EiwATWyBrn93qP9AbFtTCLvWZPmP7aC_1XXHLhMYXCc3oKICHmAqBIQqQF2wsxoCFUEQAvD_BwE

A $150 x570 motherboard from Gigabyte with 3 slots…

Thank you! Can I run a crappy gpu off a 4x ? I just need video out

19 minutes ago, LordSessho said:

Thank you! Can I run a crappy gpu off a 4x ? I just need video out

If you just need video out then even 1x pcie slot will be fine

You can get one of those 1x to 16x pcie risers usually used for mining iirc ~5$ and just shove some garbage <10$ gpu cause if you just need video out then gpu choice doesnt really matter unless you for some reason wanna run good monitors on this thing

On 5/23/2022 at 5:17 AM, LordSessho said:

Budget (including currency): under $300 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Ryzen 7 5700x 

Okay so I am looking for an x570 motherboard or something out of box supporting the 5700x, it needs to have 4  16x PCI-E 3.0 or 4.0 slots.

Planning to put a few of ASUS' or a similar m.2 expansion card with 4x m.2 3.0 slots. I want 3 of these for a total of 12 drives + 1 onboard and of course I'll need a low end GPU just for video out. 

There may be another way to do what I want, but I'm going to be recording a ton of 4k video and edit it, I need a decently fast storage utilizing anything 1gb ethernet or better. I think to actually use this bandwidth I would need NVME 3.0 ?

I don't want to spend $1000+ on a godlike when its completely unnecessary.  It is so far the only board I have found though, that supports 4-16x slots

Thank you anyone for you help !!!

The AM4 platform does not really have enough PCIe lanes to fully support 12 x 4 lane m.2 NVMe drives.

How much storage, in TB, must be immediately available at NVMe speeds?

Have you considered a pre-built NVMe NAS?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.