Display output freezes while everything still runs

Sriyashas

My PC does this weird thing where the display output freezes but everything else is running(I know this because the audio of whatever video i'm watching keeps playing, etc)

I thought it was my gpu driver, but it's up to date according to geforce experience

pls help

1) try using the onboard display(if available) rather than the GPU

2) try doing a clean boot and using to see if it hangs. once with gpu. another with onboard display (if available).

36 minutes ago, vaiwalker said:

1) try using the onboard display(if available) rather than the GPU

2) try doing a clean boot and using to see if it hangs. once with gpu. another with onboard display (if available).

I'm using ryzen, so no onboard display

Have your computer been working properly before? Or is this a new build?

When this happens you can try pressing ctrl-shift-windows-b. This will attempt to restart the display driver.

Disable any overclocking, if you have done any.

Use DDU and do a clean install of the latest driver version.

If a fresh driver install does not fix it. This could be a defective GPU or PSU. Can also be CPU, motherboard, or ram. The first two things I would attempt is either a different GPU or your GPU in another computer. Then a different PSU.

5 minutes ago, Sriyashas said:

I'm using ryzen, so no onboard display

your motherboard does have DisplayPort, HDMI, D-Sub according to the specs on the website

How to Reset Your Graphics Driver

You can quickly reset your graphics driver using the Win + Ctrl + Shift + B keyboard combination. This command makes your screen turn black for a second, but it restarts your graphics driver, which can potentially fix any issues you’ve been having.

https://techguided.com/how-to-reset-graphics-driver/
1 hour ago, Sriyashas said:

My PC does this weird thing where the display output freezes but everything else is running(I know this because the audio of whatever video i'm watching keeps playing, etc)

I thought it was my gpu driver, but it's up to date according to geforce experience

pls help

try this.

5 hours ago, vaiwalker said:

your motherboard does have DisplayPort, HDMI, D-Sub according to the specs on the website

But how do I boot off of it?

4 hours ago, Sriyashas said:

But how do I boot off of it?

You can't your CPU doesn't have integrated GPU, as been said before try DDUing your drivers, on Microsoft forums there are many reports of pc freezes with windows 11 when alt+tabing out of game(everything is frozen but you can still hear audio/chat on discord and the Win + Ctrl + Shift + B doesn't help) not sure if that's something which also affects windows 10