Beyerdynamic amiron home

Fosh612

I have been looking for them for a while. They sound like what I'd want. Warm yet detailed, open back, good bass along with good mids and highs. Not too heavy, bulky or tight. I could get the dt 1990 pros but those are what I just mentioned why I should get the amirons over the 1990's. I know the 1990's sound good but very analytical and bright from what people say. Has anyone used them to recommend to me? The highest end headphones I've used are the HD 599 with my schiit stack which I enjoy. 

There are more headphones in the world than just Beyerdynamic, and the Amiron Home's aren't exactly a benchmark for that sound. They're bloated and shouty simultaneously, which acts as a double negative in this regard. If you want warm and detailed, look elsewhere. For the price, they're objectively unacceptable.

If you want warmth and detail, the ModHouse T60RP Argon's are excellent at that.

[Main Desktop]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti (FTW3 Ultra)  MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon (X470)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16 (2x8GB)

COOLER: Arctic LiquidFreezer II 280 STORAGE: G.SKILL Phoenix FTL 240GB SSD, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Toshiba 2TB HDD, Seagate 4TB HDD

PSU: EVGA GQ-1000W 80+ Gold  CASE: The MESHMOD v1.0 (Custom Deepcool Matrexx 70 chassis)  MONITOR: AOC 24G2 144Hz (IPS) 

MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO (wired)  KEYBOARD: Rosewill K81 RGB (Kailh Brown)  HEADPHONES: HiFiMan Ananda, Drop x Sennheiser HD6XX

IEMS: 7Hz Timeless, Tin Audio T2, Blon BL-03, Samsung/AKG Galaxy Buds Pro  STUDIO MONITORS: Mackie MR524, Mackie MRS10  MIC: NEAT Worker Bee  

INTERFACE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo  AMPLIFIER: SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888, XDUOO XD-05 Basic  DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII (upgraded AK4493 Version)

WHEEL: Logitech G29 + Logitech G Shifter

[Stream Encoder]

CPU: AMD FX-9590  GPU: Sapphire R9 390X (Tri-X OC)  MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth R2.0 (AM3+)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 (2x8GB)

COOLER: EVGA CLC 280 PSU: MSI A750GF 80+ Gold CASE: Phanteks P400A Digital

[Garage]

CAR: 2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX (EM2)  ENGINE: D17A1, planned K20A2 swap  INTAKE: DIY Solutions Short RAM  HEADERS: Motor1 4-2-1 with Cat-Delete

EXHAUST: Yonaka 2.5" Cat-Back with 3.5" tip (YMCB-CIV0105)  COILOVERS: MaXpeedingrods adjustable  RIMS: Core Racing Concept Seven Alloys (15x6.5)

RECEIVER: Kenwood DPX304MBT  SOUND DEADENING: Damplifier Pro Deadening Mats  SOUND DAMPENING: Custom solution, layers of thick insulation

DOOR SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-P710PS 6.5" Components  WINDOW LEDGE SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-6996PS 6x9" 5-Ways

I don't claim to be an audiophile, but i have had some experience with different headphones and am happy to share them:

I personally use the Amiron Home for about 2 years now. I had the DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm, then looked for something more comfortable and ended up with the the DT 990 Edition 600 Ohm. After a while i was looking for something that doesn't sound as sharp at the high end and doesn't distort as much when listening at higher volume. After searching for a while i ended up at the DT 1990. The sound profile was about the same as the DT 990 but it was noticeably less distorted at higher volumes. I returned them and went for the Amiron Home next. They're simply amazing. They have a very pleasant sound profile, superb build quality, are no less detailed audio than the DT 1990, but WAY more comfortable for everyday wear. They're also less fatigueing to listen to because they don't have the sharp high-end that comes with the more analytical options. I haven't felt the need to upgrade to anything else since i got them.

One of the main reasons i always stayed at Beyerdynamic was because i have had excellent customer service experiences with them in the past, even knowingly repairing a headphone i accidentally destroyed. And they didn't want a cent for it.

One cannot reason with those who don't.

32 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I returned them and went for the Amiron Home next. They're simply amazing. They have a very pleasant sound profile, superb build quality, are no less detailed audio than the DT 1990, but WAY more comfortable for everyday wear. They're also less fatiguing to listen to because they don't have the sharp high-end that comes with the more analytical options.

Sound quality is comparable to that of a sub ~$100 can in terms of technicalities, and even less for tonality. It's understandable how the midrange bloat is probably helping to subjectively mask the top-end shrill, but they're still perfectly fatiguing in their own right. Perception is altered by having an equally overemphasized lower spectrum. The DT1990 also actually measures more balanced in the treble response by comparison.

Amiron.thumb.jpg.84e92692ff6acc5ac7c9f1d1f3ddfbe0.jpgDT1990-Pro-S2-Balanced-pads.thumb.jpg.c9238beecf1ea4a55c16c60549958f11.jpg

[Main Desktop]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti (FTW3 Ultra)  MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon (X470)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16 (2x8GB)

COOLER: Arctic LiquidFreezer II 280 STORAGE: G.SKILL Phoenix FTL 240GB SSD, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Toshiba 2TB HDD, Seagate 4TB HDD

PSU: EVGA GQ-1000W 80+ Gold  CASE: The MESHMOD v1.0 (Custom Deepcool Matrexx 70 chassis)  MONITOR: AOC 24G2 144Hz (IPS) 

MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO (wired)  KEYBOARD: Rosewill K81 RGB (Kailh Brown)  HEADPHONES: HiFiMan Ananda, Drop x Sennheiser HD6XX

IEMS: 7Hz Timeless, Tin Audio T2, Blon BL-03, Samsung/AKG Galaxy Buds Pro  STUDIO MONITORS: Mackie MR524, Mackie MRS10  MIC: NEAT Worker Bee  

INTERFACE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo  AMPLIFIER: SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888, XDUOO XD-05 Basic  DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII (upgraded AK4493 Version)

[Stream Encoder]

CPU: AMD FX-9590  GPU: Sapphire R9 390X (Tri-X OC)  MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth R2.0 (AM3+)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 (2x8GB)

[Garage]

CAR: 2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX (EM2)  ENGINE: D17A1, planned K20A2 swap  INTAKE: DIY Solutions Short RAM  HEADERS: Motor1 4-2-1 with Cat-Delete

EXHAUST: Yonaka 2.5" Cat-Back with 3.5" tip (YMCB-CIV0105)  COILOVERS: MaXpeedingrods adjustable  RIMS: Core Racing Concept Seven Alloys (15x6.5)

RECEIVER: Kenwood DPX304MBT  SOUND DEADENING: Damplifier Pro Deadening Mats  SOUND DAMPENING: Custom solution, layers of thick insulation

DOOR SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-P710PS 6.5" Components  WINDOW LEDGE SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-6996PS 6x9" 5-Ways

6 minutes ago, OfficialTechSpace said:

Sound quality is comparable to that of a sub ~$100 can in terms of technicalities, and even less for tonality. It's understandable how the midrange bloat is probably helping to subjectively mask the top-end shrill, but they're still perfectly fatiguing in their own right. Perception is altered by having an equally overemphasized lower spectrum.

Amiron.thumb.jpg.84e92692ff6acc5ac7c9f1d1f3ddfbe0.jpg

If you say so. As far as i'm aware there is no way to catch just sound quality in a review. All you can do is read about how the reviewer perceives it. And it seems that most of the reviews i read about it seemed to disagree with you in terms of sound quality. I was just bringing in my non-audiphile opinion on the matter. Just because they don't sound neutral (which they're not supposed to) doesn't mean they sound bad.

7 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

If you say so. But it seems that most of the reviews i read about it seemed to disagree with you in terms of sound quality. I was just bringing in my non-audiphile opinion on the matter. Just because they don't sound neutral (which they're not supposed to) doesn't mean they sound bad.

It's not about being neutral. They are bloated, shouty, and technically insufficient for the price. There are $100 planars that outperform it, and nobody with any objective experience can argue that. It scored itself a D+ on In Ear Fidelity.

693714103_Screenshot2022-05-23024906.thumb.png.3e138a274ea382a171dcbafecd39a62c.png

[Main Desktop]

[Stream Encoder]

[Garage]

4 minutes ago, OfficialTechSpace said:

It's not about being neutral. They are bloated, shouty, and technically insufficient for the price. There are $100 planars that outperform it, and nobody with any objective experience can argue that. It scored itself a D+ on In Ear Fidelity.

693714103_Screenshot2022-05-23024906.thumb.png.3e138a274ea382a171dcbafecd39a62c.png

Wtf does "bloated" and "shouty" even mean. There are so many terms used by audiphiles to describe audio that make no sense to most people. When reading through that list i don't understand a thing he is commenting about the sound profile.

I'm not trying to defent the Amiron with this, that's more of a general comment.

20 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Wtf does "bloated" and "shouty" even mean. There are so many terms used by audiphiles to describe audio that make no sense to most people.

Bloat refers to the overemphasis in the response, along with generally masking the surrounding frequencies and muddying up the mix. Shout refers to a more piercing unpleasantry, sounding as though that range is being shouted over the rest of the mix. They're fairly self-explanatory by definition, and critical listening of any headphone will reveal such qualities, and many more. Our vocabulary is part of our objective basis of understandable terms we use to describe what we're hearing. I've used them in my personal reviews as well.

HD6XX review:

Ananda review:

[Main Desktop]

[Stream Encoder]

[Garage]

I have the Amiron Home for about 2 years and I love it. I can very much recommend this. Audio doesn't have to be analytical or a benching tool or even scientific measurements tool, if it sounds good, then it sounds good.

And oh yes, Amiron Home never fatigues me and I'm sensitive to fatigue like I had with the HD560S.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

6 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I don't claim to be an audiophile, but i have had some experience with different headphones and am happy to share them:

I personally use the Amiron Home for about 2 years now. I had the DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm, then looked for something more comfortable and ended up with the the DT 990 Edition 600 Ohm. After a while i was looking for something that doesn't sound as sharp at the high end and doesn't distort as much when listening at higher volume. After searching for a while i ended up at the DT 1990. The sound profile was about the same as the DT 990 but it was noticeably less distorted at higher volumes. I returned them and went for the Amiron Home next. They're simply amazing. They have a very pleasant sound profile, superb build quality, are no less detailed audio than the DT 1990, but WAY more comfortable for everyday wear. They're also less fatigueing to listen to because they don't have the sharp high-end that comes with the more analytical options. I haven't felt the need to upgrade to anything else since i got them.

One of the main reasons i always stayed at Beyerdynamic was because i have had excellent customer service experiences with them in the past, even knowingly repairing a headphone i accidentally destroyed. And they didn't want a cent for it.

Another comment says that they're shouty and bloated. Do u disagree?

5 minutes ago, Fosh612 said:

Another comment says that they're shouty and bloated. Do u disagree?

I have no testing equipment to really oppose that comment, but to me they sound amazing.

6 hours ago, OfficialTechSpace said:

Bloat refers to the overemphasis in the response, along with generally masking the surrounding frequencies and muddying up the mix. Shout refers to a more piercing unpleasantry, sounding as though that range is being shouted over the rest of the mix. They're fairly self-explanatory by definition, and critical listening of any headphone will reveal such qualities, and many more. Our vocabulary is part of our objective basis of understandable terms we use to describe what we're hearing. I've used them in my personal reviews as well.

HD6XX review:

Ananda review:

Unfortunately I wouldn't risk hifiman but ik there's like audeze for planars. I was also looking at tye 6xx or the 660's from sennheiser. 

14 minutes ago, Fosh612 said:

Unfortunately I wouldn't risk hifiman but ik there's like audeze for planars.

HiFiMan just gets a bad rap for some mediocre build quality they had like 10 years ago. They've all but resolved the issues now, and actually own most of the sub ~$1500 market. HE400SE covers everything up to the Sundara, then the Edition XS picks up from there. Then the Ananda covers $700-$1000, and the Arya is endgame. Audeze is just known for having a darker-slanted tuning, and they're massively behind the rest of the pack. We call it the 'Audeze House Sound', it's their signature.

14 minutes ago, Fosh612 said:

I was also looking at tye 6xx or the 660's from sennheiser. 

660S's measure the worst out of the whole 600-series lineup, and the HD6XX is just an overrated re-release of a vintage can. It has 20yo transducers, based on the original HD650's. Check out my review above for a more in-depth analysis.

[Main Desktop]

[Stream Encoder]

[Garage]

2 hours ago, CTR640 said:

I have the Amiron Home for about 2 years and I love it. I can very much recommend this. Audio doesn't have to be analytical or a benching tool or even scientific measurements tool, if it sounds good, then it sounds good.

Critical-listening. It's not a science, actually far from it because it involves zero measuring equipment. When you have a more balanced headphone as a benchmark, it makes all of flaws sound WAY more significant. Nobody said anything about needing to measure neutral or being analytical, the graphs were just a way of backing up the sound I was describing. A sound that is objectively, and thereby measurably poor.

Neutral isn't analytical either, it's just accurate, and without any loss or exaggeration of particular details. Some of the best sounding and most dynamic headphones you'll ever hear in your entire life measure like a flat line. *insert Sennheiser HE-1, HiFiMan Susvara, Focal Utopia, etc.*

There's a certain point where you just become a consumer, and an audiophile-denier.

HE-1-1536x696.thumb.jpg.0e10685fc95b24f8df5ecd753cb45b55.jpgSusvara-1536x696.thumb.jpg.7b622dd3de94d45832e0f2c9536b9de2.jpgUtopia-1536x689.thumb.jpg.eeb10c3b9e748b3e1a161b615e726220.jpg

[Main Desktop]

[Stream Encoder]

[Garage]

27 minutes ago, OfficialTechSpace said:

Critical-listening. Try it. It's not a science, actually far from it because it involves zero measuring equipment. When you have a more balanced headphone as a benchmark, it makes all of flaws sound WAY more significant. Nobody said anything about needing to measure neutral or being analytical, the graphs were just a way of backing up the sound I was describing. A sound that is objectively, and thereby measurably poor.

Neutral isn't analytical either, it's just accurate, and without any loss or exaggeration of particular details. Some of the best sounding and most dynamic headphones you'll ever hear in your entire life measure like a flat line. *insert Sennheiser HE-1, HiFiMan Susvara, Focal Utopia, etc.*

There's a certain point where you just become a consumer, and an audiophile-denier.

HE-1-1536x696.thumb.jpg.0e10685fc95b24f8df5ecd753cb45b55.jpgSusvara-1536x696.thumb.jpg.7b622dd3de94d45832e0f2c9536b9de2.jpgUtopia-1536x689.thumb.jpg.eeb10c3b9e748b3e1a161b615e726220.jpg

Not to disrespect you but my ears, my opinions. If I like this, I'll like it. I won't let any big reviewer have a influence on me.

And audio is all about enjoyment to me. Yes, any headphone has their pros and cons, I'm aware of that and that doesn't stop me from enjoying.

Sennheiser HE-1 costs about $60K 😛

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280