Help with dis-connecting two devices from each other!

VelikiPCguy

Hey all, PC noob here so forgive the dumb question. I recently did something (?) which linked my PC to my laptop, I think I had a notification asking me if I wanted to do something like that and not thinking I clicked yes, and now for example all my bookmarks are the same, the search history is the same, etc. which it wasn't previously. I'm mildly annoyed by this as I like to keep my laptop and PC separate, so I was wondering how I can separate them again?

Thanks!

It might be that the same account is set on both pcs so maybe try checking that out🤷‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Josh3233 said:

It might be that the same account is set on both pcs so maybe try checking that out🤷‍♂️

Which account do you mean? My laptop has a Microsoft account (cos I stupidly didn't do the Windows installation offline on it) while my PC has just a regular Windows user account (installed in offline mode, cos this time I actually thought about what I was doing) so I doubt those two are connected, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe it's Google account that's somehow connected in Chrome? How can I check that? I mean gmail / youtube are connected to the same account on both devices but that was the case even before I did this accidental "merging", the only new thing I've noticed since then is the bookmarks and the history which are now shared (which I don't want).

2 hours ago, NewwGuyy123 said:

Which account do you mean? My laptop has a Microsoft account (cos I stupidly didn't do the Windows installation offline on it) while my PC has just a regular Windows user account (installed in offline mode, cos this time I actually thought about what I was doing) so I doubt those two are connected, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe it's Google account that's somehow connected in Chrome? How can I check that? I mean gmail / youtube are connected to the same account on both devices but that was the case even before I did this accidental "merging", the only new thing I've noticed since then is the bookmarks and the history which are now shared (which I don't want).

Look for options such as "Sync these accounts" or "Sync Settings" in Windows settings app on both machines and turn it off, if on. Same for any browsers that offer the same settings.

On 5/23/2022 at 4:58 AM, NewwGuyy123 said:

More likely you have logged in to Chrome since you haven't said anything that would indicate that this would be OS level syncing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv