why cant i overclock my gpu ( MSI afterburner )

SirBang
Go to solution Solved by da na,

A lot of GPUs have that locked down so they can't be overclocked. Most laptop GPUs and pro GPUs do, makes sense that a Quadro BIOS wouldn't let you do that as they're made for stability. Personally, I couldn't overclock any quadro I've ever owned (K620, K1200, K2200, FX 3700)

I'm trying to overclock my Quadro p4000 using (MSI afterburner) but when i try and overclock the core clock and click apply it goes back to the original speed.unknown.png.2d9a1da4da87859906e323b5f4f81986.png

unknown124

A lot of GPUs have that locked down so they can't be overclocked. Most laptop GPUs and pro GPUs do, makes sense that a Quadro BIOS wouldn't let you do that as they're made for stability. Personally, I couldn't overclock any quadro I've ever owned (K620, K1200, K2200, FX 3700)

GPU overclocking is heavily dependant on 2 factors, Power limits, and Temps. If you don't have the power, overclocking will do nothing. If you don't have the temp overhead, again, wont do anything noticeable. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

You could just modify the bios to increase core clocks, try using the gtx 1070 as a reference, iirc there was some sort of tool that can mod vbios and let you mod things like power limit or clockspeeds

Quadro are not overclockable to my knowledge.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.