How yo reset Huawei Quidway S3300

star_weaver

Just got a new switch (Huawei Quidway S3300)just wondering how would I access it and reset it, if I can't it's fine just don't really want to spend a lot on hardware to be able to reset it. Tried looking it up and everything I've seen all relies on being able to access it for a reset without showing how to access it

1 hour ago, star_weaver said:

Just got a new switch (Huawei Quidway S3300)just wondering how would I access it and reset it, if I can't it's fine just don't really want to spend a lot on hardware to be able to reset it. Tried looking it up and everything I've seen all relies on being able to access it for a reset without showing how to access it

http://labnario.com/huawei-s3300-switch-access-methods/

Here is how to access it.

46 minutes ago, star_weaver said:

that doesnt really give me much to go on, that assumes im already plugged into it and when i try to plug into it only port 27 comes to life but its not getting any sort of IP

Are you trying to connect through the management port? What software are you using to connect?

trying to figure out what i need to use, got switch console port plugged into router and its not being detected, and when its plugged strait into computer its saying that nothings connected so im not sure if it needs a special cable or if its dead or if i need any special software or anything

8 minutes ago, star_weaver said:

trying to figure out what i need to use, got switch console port plugged into router and its not being detected, and when its plugged strait into computer its saying that nothings connected so im not sure if it needs a special cable or if its dead or if i need any special software or anything

Its a serial connection, you need a rj45 to 9 pin serial cable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DB-9Pin-RS232-Serial-To-RJ45-CAT5-Ethernet-Adapter-LAN-Console-Cable-CiscoRouter/232868197630

Like this. Then use a program like Putty to connect to the switch using the serial connection option.