Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

fair price for a used 55' 4k vizio?

bmx6454
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Fungal,

Most people sell tvs locally and not on Ebay. The tv came out 5 years ago for $550 https://advanced-television.com/2017/03/01/vizio-unveils-sub-550-hdr-set/.  

I wouldn't pay more than 200. I would compare it to local facebook/craigslist listings. After a few minutes I can find better tvs in my area for 250

hello, quick question, i am trying to figure out a fair price for this used vizio 55' 4k. it is a model "e55-e2". the tv was thought to be broken by a family friend, so they replaced it, turned out it just needed a hard reset and is fine. since they are happy with the new tv, they don't really know what to do with this older one. so i offered to buy it, and they told me to make a fair offer, as neither one of us know what they are worth used. i can't really find any used ones on ebay selling for consistent prices, and fb marketplace is a bad way to gauge it imo. it is a 4k 2017 model(i think), no issues with pixels, backlight is nice and even, so i would say good/excellent condition. anyone know what they are roughly worth? since it's a family friend, i don't want to low-ball, i also don't want to over pay either. thanks for any input!

edit: i was thinking maybe 250-300$ is that way off?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

hello, quick question, i am trying to figure out a fair price for this used vizio 55' 4k. it is a model "e55-e2". the tv was thought to be broken by a family friend, so they replaced it, turned out it just needed a hard reset and is fine. since they are happy with the new tv, they don't really know what to do with this older one. so i offered to buy it, and they told me to make a fair offer, as neither one of us know what they are worth used. i can't really find any used ones on ebay selling for consistent prices, and fb marketplace is a bad way to gauge it imo. it is a 4k 2017 model(i think), no issues with pixels, backlight is nice and even, so i would say good/excellent condition. anyone know what they are roughly worth? since it's a family friend, i don't want to low-ball, i also don't want to over pay either. thanks for any input!

edit: i was thinking maybe 250-300$ is that way off?

The way I measure current selling price is to find a couple of recently closed sales on eBay for that item.  Asking prices are not reliable.  It’s the actual closed sales.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The way I measure current selling price is to find a couple of recently closed sales on eBay for that item.  Asking prices are not reliable.  It’s the actual closed sales.

i always check for active listings, i wasn't aware you could check closed sales, how do you check that?

edit: quick google showed me how lol, none on the list unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

i always check for active listings, i wasn't aware you could check closed sales, how do you check that?

edit: quick google showed me how lol, none on the list unfortunately.

It’s a check box in the filters or something

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fungal said:

Most people sell tvs locally and not on Ebay. The tv came out 5 years ago for $550 https://advanced-television.com/2017/03/01/vizio-unveils-sub-550-hdr-set/.  

I wouldn't pay more than 200. I would compare it to local facebook/craigslist listings. After a few minutes I can find better tvs in my area for 250

i appreciate the input, they actually suggested 150$ would be fine. since i was already thinking 250$, i'm more than satisfied with that price. thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×