fair price for a used 55' 4k vizio?

bmx6454
Go to solution Solved by Fungal,

Most people sell tvs locally and not on Ebay. The tv came out 5 years ago for $550 https://advanced-television.com/2017/03/01/vizio-unveils-sub-550-hdr-set/.  

I wouldn't pay more than 200. I would compare it to local facebook/craigslist listings. After a few minutes I can find better tvs in my area for 250

hello, quick question, i am trying to figure out a fair price for this used vizio 55' 4k. it is a model "e55-e2". the tv was thought to be broken by a family friend, so they replaced it, turned out it just needed a hard reset and is fine. since they are happy with the new tv, they don't really know what to do with this older one. so i offered to buy it, and they told me to make a fair offer, as neither one of us know what they are worth used. i can't really find any used ones on ebay selling for consistent prices, and fb marketplace is a bad way to gauge it imo. it is a 4k 2017 model(i think), no issues with pixels, backlight is nice and even, so i would say good/excellent condition. anyone know what they are roughly worth? since it's a family friend, i don't want to low-ball, i also don't want to over pay either. thanks for any input!

edit: i was thinking maybe 250-300$ is that way off?

7 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

hello, quick question, i am trying to figure out a fair price for this used vizio 55' 4k. it is a model "e55-e2". the tv was thought to be broken by a family friend, so they replaced it, turned out it just needed a hard reset and is fine. since they are happy with the new tv, they don't really know what to do with this older one. so i offered to buy it, and they told me to make a fair offer, as neither one of us know what they are worth used. i can't really find any used ones on ebay selling for consistent prices, and fb marketplace is a bad way to gauge it imo. it is a 4k 2017 model(i think), no issues with pixels, backlight is nice and even, so i would say good/excellent condition. anyone know what they are roughly worth? since it's a family friend, i don't want to low-ball, i also don't want to over pay either. thanks for any input!

edit: i was thinking maybe 250-300$ is that way off?

The way I measure current selling price is to find a couple of recently closed sales on eBay for that item.  Asking prices are not reliable.  It’s the actual closed sales.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The way I measure current selling price is to find a couple of recently closed sales on eBay for that item.  Asking prices are not reliable.  It’s the actual closed sales.

i always check for active listings, i wasn't aware you could check closed sales, how do you check that?

edit: quick google showed me how lol, none on the list unfortunately.

24 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

i always check for active listings, i wasn't aware you could check closed sales, how do you check that?

edit: quick google showed me how lol, none on the list unfortunately.

It’s a check box in the filters or something

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Fungal said:

Most people sell tvs locally and not on Ebay. The tv came out 5 years ago for $550 https://advanced-television.com/2017/03/01/vizio-unveils-sub-550-hdr-set/.  

I wouldn't pay more than 200. I would compare it to local facebook/craigslist listings. After a few minutes I can find better tvs in my area for 250

i appreciate the input, they actually suggested 150$ would be fine. since i was already thinking 250$, i'm more than satisfied with that price. thanks!