Game crash after a couple hours of gameplay

Doze70

Hi guys, I'm experiencing game crash after like 1-4 hours of gameplay. The game freeze then bring me back to the desktop with no error message. I tried mostly everything and don't know what to do anymore. I ran furmark for my gpu, no crash while testing, ran multiple test for cpu/memory, like prime95 and memtest, no crash or error while testing. I tried everything I can find online. I even tried another GPU (an old 1060) and NOTHING WORKS! Temps are good GPU 50 to 60 and CPU 40 to 50 while gaming.

Could it be the DOCP profile? I'm now trying to game without it to see if it will crash. Running rams at 2666mhz instead of 3600mhz

SPECS:

MB:ASUS TUF x570

GPU:Asus tuf 3080 OC

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900x

PSU:Corsair RM750

Ram:2x Gskill 16gb

22 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

is it one game that crashes? or do all games crash?

Most of my game crashes, Fortnite, COD vanguard, Trackmania, Holdfast and more 馃槥

7 minutes ago, Doze70 said:

Most of my game crashes, Fortnite, COD vanguard, Trackmania, Holdfast and more 馃槥

check windows event viewer around the times of the crashes, maybe it will give some useful info

3 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

check windows event viewer around the times of the crashes, maybe it will give some useful info

I've been looking at it, I've had a couple Kernel-power error 42, besides that nothing else. Those errors doesn't come up all the time when the crashes occurs.

2 hours ago, Doze70 said:

Hi guys, I'm experiencing game crash after like 1-4 hours of gameplay. The game freeze then bring me back to the desktop with no error message. I tried mostly everything and don't know what to do anymore. I ran furmark for my gpu, no crash while testing, ran multiple test for cpu/memory, like prime95 and memtest, no crash or error while testing. I tried everything I can find online. I even tried another GPU (an old 1060) and NOTHING WORKS! Temps are good GPU 50 to 60 and CPU 40 to 50 while gaming.

Could it be the DOCP profile? I'm now trying to game without it to see if it will crash. Running rams at 2666mhz instead of 3600mhz

SPECS:

MB:ASUS TUF x570

GPU:Asus tuf 3080 OC

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900x

PSU:Corsair RM750

Ram:2x Gskill 16gb

Maybe it's the PSU... Wattage and Rating recommendations are directly related to the amount of time the PSU is supplying that power.聽 What's the PSU wattage and rating?

11 minutes ago, msconfig said:

Maybe it's the PSU... Wattage and Rating recommendations are directly related to the amount of time the PSU is supplying that power.聽 What's the PSU wattage and rating?

It's a Corsair RM750 (750watts) 80 plus gold, i would understand when i have the 3080 in but it occurs even with the 1060

I see, however since you already ruled out the GPU, I think troubleshooting an issue with a faulty PSU or motherboard would be the next step.聽 Even though that requires a lot more work, I can't think of anything else it could be based on what you've provided so far.聽 I don't have spare parts of that nature lying around so I can feel your pain if that's the case.聽聽

4 minutes ago, msconfig said:

I see, however since you already ruled out the GPU, I think troubleshooting an issue with a faulty PSU or motherboard would be the next step.聽 Even though that requires a lot more work, I can't think of anything else it could be based on what you've provided so far.聽 I don't have spare parts of that nature lying around so I can feel your pain if that's the case.聽聽

Thanks for the input i'll try that聽馃憤

I've been reading multiple messages and I just noticed your issue is crashing back to desktop, not crashing the OS.聽 If it's crashing back to desktop, it's still potentially PSU, but less likely as that presents itself by typically powering down.聽

If you haven't already, even though you've run mem. tests i would try 1 stick at a time then swap it out it if still crashes to rule them out.

If the problem continues, if you have more than one PCIe slot, try GPU in the other slot to see if it presents the same issue.

Then, if all individual components are ruled out, then test swapping out the MB.

I don't know if it's a coincidence but i've been playing mostly all day without crashes after turning off DOCP. What could cause this a faulty MB or RAM ? I guess I need to test each ram with memtest ?聽